Knuckle Heads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Knuckle Heads

Glad myself and others brought our Knuckle Heads to the Big Show in Wauseon Ohio this past summer. No wonder nobody wants to get in involved in traveling long distances loading... unloading plus baby sitting these expensive machines so that they do not even get recognized in the AMCA magazine . Unless you own a 1936. Not even a thank you . Could not even Buy a meet tee shirt . They were sold out before the meet started . Next time I will bring my original paint Harley Golf cart and ride around and look at the ORIGINAL REPOP tools/signs/tee shirts . :

Wauseon 1.jpgWausen 2.jpgWaseon 3.jpgWauseon 4.jpg
    Not every bike is in the mag..the fun is being there.My bikes have never made the mag.I did enjoy looking at the knucks
    thanx for bringing yours!

Comment

More pics
      Wauseon 5.jpgWauseon 6.jpgWauseon 7.jpg

Comment

I do appreciate knucks (any condition)! Not sure I'll every score one, maybe one day . . . come on lottery! But if I want start collecting parts. What better place (see link) to start than by picking up a what looks like a mid-year '36 cam chest cover! And for a mere $3000.00 it's already "Got Patina"!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Original-36-...e81a72&vxp=mtr
        William Edwards, AMCA #10035

Attend the 2019 Southern National Meet at Denton Farmpark, NC, 17-18 May 2019
        http://www.amcasouthernnationalmeet.com/

Comment

Originally posted by wideglide38 View Post
          I do appreciate knucks (any condition)! Not sure I'll every score one, maybe one day . . . come on lottery! But if I want start collecting parts. What better place (see link) to start than by picking up a what looks like a mid-year '36 cam chest cover! And for a mere $3000.00 it's already "Got Patina"!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Original-36-...e81a72&vxp=mtr
          By this standard... a '36 Knuck must now be worth about $3.9 million...

Cheers,

Sirhr

Comment

Hey Diesel55, I'm with you on this one. I too brought out a Knuckle to Wauseon and I must say that I'm usually disappointed by the National Meet coverage in the magazine. How many pics of orange judging vests do you need to see...I know I'm gonna hear ..."well why don't you contribute to the magazine?" I tried a couple of times with stories of my trips riding an antique bike out to a meet, however, I was told there was too much vulgar language and alcohol references...and that was after I cleaned it up! I also may hear "why don't you take the time to photograph everything?" Well I do and I post it on a Blog...here's Part 1 of Wauseon 2013...I would be glad to contribute to the magazine..

http://knucklebuster1939.blogspot.co...13-part-1.html

Comment

[QUOTE=duffeycycles;138611]More pics
              Wauseon 6.jpg
              Well Loyd, if not the magazine, at least your mug made it on the website!
              Bob Rice #6738

Comment

Originally posted by Hollywood View Post
                Hey Diesel55, I'm with you on this one. I too brought out a Knuckle to Wauseon and I must say that I'm usually disappointed by the National Meet coverage in the magazine. How many pics of orange judging vests do you need to see...I know I'm gonna hear ..."well why don't you contribute to the magazine?" I tried a couple of times with stories of my trips riding an antique bike out to a meet, however, I was told there was too much vulgar language and alcohol references...and that was after I cleaned it up! I also may hear "why don't you take the time to photograph everything?" Well I do and I post it on a Blog...here's Part 1 of Wauseon 2013...I would be glad to contribute to the magazine..

http://knucklebuster1939.blogspot.co...13-part-1.html
                Jeff, Those AMCA family values stand strong as a pillar in our society! See ya at Oley to help enforce them. Bob L
                AMCA #3149
                http://www.thegoodoldmotorcyclepartscompany.com

Comment

Thank you Duffy for the thank you. To Mr. Hollywood Or is that Hollywe----d. You try to always send great pictures of what actually go's on at a meet. much APPRECIATED . The Powers to be do not have enough room in the magazine to show them as there interest are in the BIG MONEY from the AUCTION ADs .BOB Rice thank you for the MUG SHOT .Just another pretty face in the crowd.

Comment

That was my pic not Bob's

Comment

We hauled and rode out to Wauseon also bringing lots of eye candy along as well as Matt's 36. I arranged the gathering of 7 36 knuckles in one place, probably more than has been together in one place since they were new, the magazine did not have anything to do with it, but I let Bill Wood know that it was happening and he recognized the importance of the event and ran with it. I had my own photographer and sent out framed prints to all of the parties involved as a thank you and appreciation for their involvement, I tried to get a tee shirt also, but was too late also. We had a couple of friends from Japan come home with us and they rode Matt's 36 and my 39 over 1,000 miles back to South Dakota, proving once again that these bikes are road worthy and not trailer queens. We will be taking 2 36 knuckles on the Cannonball this fall, one is mine, currently under construction and the other is Matt's 36, which some lucky sweepstakes winner will ride from Daytona, Florida to Tacoma, Washington a distance covering over 4,000 miles. Just because they are worth a lot of money does not mean you cannot use them, get out there and play with them.
                      Carl
                      http://www.carlscyclesupply.com

Comment

Originally posted by Carl Olsen View Post
                        Just because they are worth a lot of money does not mean you cannot use them, get out there and play with them.
                        Carl
                        I agree about roadworthiness, of course, but you lost me with the last line, Carl.

Not everyone can absorb the risk to their 'retirement plans'.

....Cotten
                        AMCA #776
                        Dumpster Diver's Motto: Seek,... and Ye Shall Find!

Comment

knuckleheads

Carl... Your effort on the 1936 KNUCLKLE DISPLAY was flawless. What I was getting at was the AMCA could do more on MEET COVERAGE as far as the featured machines are concerned .

Comment

Carl, I think that picture is on this months American Iron Magazine's cover.

Comment

Carl!

If you feel a little violated by Buzz K., welcome to another "club"!

.....Cotten
                              AMCA #776
                              Dumpster Diver's Motto: Seek,... and Ye Shall Find!

Comment

Working...
                              X