AMCA Member Legacy ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AMCA Member Legacy ?

I have been an AMCA member for many years. My 14yo son is restoring (with my help) a 1973 HD z90. He would like to show it at an AMCA meet. Can he show it as my legacy or must he become a member himself?
    Thanks!

You are allowed a house hold member on you present membership but no magazine. I have my oldest son on mine. Bob L
    AMCA #3149
    http://www.thegoodoldmotorcyclepartscompany.com

Comment

First thanks for answering! This is what I thought but it's been a while. Shiny side (or if your are from Pa.) rusty side up!
      Bob

Comment

Sorry for the hijack but is there a reminder sent out for membership renewal when it's due?
        Al Cournoyer
        1942 WLA Boober
        1928 JDL Super Sport In progress
        Member #23154

Comment

Originally posted by alanc48 View Post
          Sorry for the hijack but is there a reminder sent out for membership renewal when it's due?
          Good question, but I'm gonna hijack it further: I bought a 3-yr mbr so I wouldn't have to remember for a while, but I'll forget worse after 3 yrs than I would after 1. Would purchase of a 3-yr card also entitle me to a reminder? ... and how 'bout program it into my phone, so I don't have to remember where I put my glasses.
          I'll buy my own old-age diapers, thank you.

Comment

My renewal notice was glued to the front of my magazine.
            John 'Benny' Harvell
            amca#22302

Comment

Hello All. Membership renewal notices are sent with the magazine issue closest to your renewal date. Questions or concerns regarding your National membership status can be directed to me at 419-929-0291 or frednan2@gmail.com or to Cornerstone Registrations ay 866-427-7583 or amca@cornerstonereg.com
              Best regards, Fred.
              Fred Davis AMCA #9176

Comment

Hello....I will ask again. How about a life time membership.

Comment

Originally posted by hogchild71 View Post
                  Hello All. Membership renewal notices are sent with the magazine issue closest to your renewal date. Questions or concerns regarding your National membership status can be directed to me at 419-929-0291 or frednan2@gmail.com or to Cornerstone Registrations ay 866-427-7583 or amca@cornerstonereg.com
                  Best regards, Fred.
                  Thanks Fred!
                  Is that notice an insert? a sticky? .... I want to recognize it. .. not discard it as I do with most magazines inserts. Mine will show up in 2 more years, .. or maybe 1 year, ... I can't remember! and I presume your in-house computer keeps track, right?

Comment

Originally posted by bobbear View Post
                    I have been an AMCA member for many years. My 14yo son is restoring (with my help) a 1973 HD z90. He would like to show it at an AMCA meet. Can he show it as my legacy or must he become a member himself?
                    Thanks!
                    Here's an existing AMCA Member getting a younger enthusiast involved. Applause to Dad here. We could all learn from such! If a mere 20% of our worldwide members would pledge to only get one new young member each for only 1year... Look at the impact we could generate in these young people? Just a thought!
                    Steve Klein
                    Collector . Conservator . Enthusiast
                    American Pre-teens - 1965
                    AMCA Member 12176
                    Cherokee Chapter President, Editor
                    www.CherokeeAMCA.org
                    Steve@SteveKlein.com
                    Georgetown, TX USA

Comment

Originally posted by diesel55 View Post
                      Hello....I will ask again. How about a life time membership.
                      Diesel, I axed about life as a premium membership class years and years ago. Obstacle then was the law under which the AMC was/is incorporated: this is a corporation, and basically, as a corporation, only the Board members count as countable members. All the rest of us proles are allowed to come to meets and receive the magazine, but, basically, that's it.

Now, the club was then registered under the laws of Ohio for many years, then Florida, and I dunno where, since, so everything's probably changed. Except that the only members of the true "club" are the elected board members. 'Part of why everyone is not asked to vote for them in periodic elections.
                      Gerry Lyons #607
                      http://www.37ul.com/
                      http://flatheadownersgroup.com/

Comment

Dear Gerry, I pushed for lifetime memberships during my period on the National Board, and three years was the best compromise we could make. There are accounting problems to deal with about liabilities outside the current year, as you can see from the latest Club accounts, and some concern as to how to price lifetime memberships. For European Clubs we have bank 'standing orders', which means the Club takes the dues money from your bank account every year until you tell them to stop. You also have to approve any dues increase. This service does not seem to exist in the US, so we have all those reminders and checks in the mail, and when members have forgotten for a few months they can drift away from our Club.

Comment

Working...
                        X