No announcement yet.

1916 Emblem Big Twin, new find

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've always loved Emblem motorcycles, and that is a beauty, crescent. I hope you can help Graeme with his Emblem tank project.
    Eric Smith
    AMCA #886

Comment

VERY nice.
      D. A. Bagin #3166 AKA Panheadzz 440 48chief W/sidecar 57fl 57flh 58fl 66m-50 68flh 70xlh

Comment

Originally posted by crescent View Post
        Hello everyone - I am late to the party, having just acquired an Emblem myself. jellywrestler - Did Frank Westfall ever respond to you? Here is a Picture of my machine.[ATTACH=CONFIG]20558[/ATTACH]
        no he didn't we're still hoping here!
        appreciate your contact

Comment

Graeme
          I am curious as to how you dated your Emblem as 1916.
          In the area, there are some Emblem twins that are around.
          There is an early twin with atmospheric intake valves, I do not remember the year.
          There is a what we think might be a 1912 twin with mechanical intakes but has the early double “C” rims on it.
          There is a what we think might be a 1914 twin with mechanical intakes and has an eclipse two speed hub.
          Burgie

Comment

Emblem with Speedometer

Originally posted by crescent View Post
            Hello everyone - I am late to the party, having just acquired an Emblem myself. jellywrestler - Did Frank Westfall ever respond to you? Here is a Picture of my machine.[ATTACH=CONFIG]20558[/ATTACH]
            Crescent, on your very nice Emblem you show the bottom half of a front wheel belt drive Stewart speedometer set up. Do you have the top part, head and bracket? Here is one mounted to an early HD fender.
            John in VA
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Spacke2speed View Post
              Graeme
              I am curious as to how you dated your Emblem as 1916.
              In the area, there are some Emblem twins that are around.
              There is an early twin with atmospheric intake valves, I do not remember the year.
              There is a what we think might be a 1912 twin with mechanical intakes but has the early double “C” rims on it.
              There is a what we think might be a 1914 twin with mechanical intakes and has an eclipse two speed hub.
              Burgie
              mine has the last refinements on the motor, oil pump drive or something (can't recall off the top of my head and the bikes 2 hrs away getting work done on it) and it has a brace on the rear frame triangle, also kick starter model, eclipse countershaft clutch i think is the same as earlier models, but with the toothed exterior for the kicker. mine also has a 2 speed hub.

are any acccesible to photograph in detail by any chance, particularly the later model one
              Attached Files

Comment

How are things going on your Emblem, Graeme? Have you found a gas tank, or good dimensions?
                Eric Smith
                AMCA #886

Comment

Originally posted by exeric View Post
                  How are things going on your Emblem, Graeme? Have you found a gas tank, or good dimensions?
                  oops, missed this, no not yet unfortunatly

Comment

Working...
                  X