Winters Day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Winters Day

Can't remember where I came across this but I figured it is appropriate for this time of the year.

Dick
    Attached Files

I can relate to that. If you ain't ridden in the cold, in snow and on ice....you ain't ridden.
    Formerly Wisconsin, then 30 years at 8800 ft in Colorado.
    Rich
    Rich Inmate #7084

Comment

I love that picture Dick, but hard for a Florida boy to relate to. The closest we have to that is riding in a sudden rain on a hot summer day. The oil in the pavement comes right to the surface and, Whoa Boy !
      Eric Smith
      AMCA #886

Comment

Very cool picture Dick! I've ridden through a snow storm or two.... I never was so happy to get into a warm house!

Eric!! I've also seen that oil rising to the top scenario.... that keeps a fella on his toes!!!
        Cory Othen
        Membership#10953

Comment

Glad you guys like the picture. Being from "Sconsin" I have ridden my share in the snow too. I used to own a Rokon with a factory sidecar attached and would go out
          on the lake near my house in the winter. What a blast. One day I was riding across the lake and came upon an ice heave about 3ft across. It looked frozen. I broke
          through the crust and started sinking but managed to crawl off onto the ice before it went in. Thanks to the large tires and rims it actually floated on it's side and the motor
          was still running. The wheel of the sidecar was hooked on the edge of the ice so it didn't go all the way in. I grabbed the handlebar and gave the throttle a good twist and
          it walked right out of the crack and off I went. I thought I would never see it again and to this day I can't believe how easy it was to get out of trouble.

Dick

Comment

Always rode in the white stuff and getting plenty of opportunity this winter! I'm ready fro warm dry roads...

Photo1858.jpg

Comment

Working...
            X