Peel and stick label for rear of AMCA membership card

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peel and stick label for rear of AMCA membership card

I hope whoever produced this piece of crap is never put in charge of anything important.

I haven't used mine yet. What's up with it?
    Len.
    AMCA #765

Comment

It frustrated the heck out of me and my wife. We worked for 10 minutes trying to get the backing off. Had the thing so mutilated that we had to cut the corners off and start over. If you have the eyes and fingers of a teenager it may go better but 58 year old eyes and fingernails 1/8" thick with artritis plauged fingers and it is a chore. Most peel and stick labels have a score mark or lifted corner to help you get a start. Not this p.o.s. Well OK, I got that off my chest. The rest of my day is going great! Life is good when all a guy can find to complain about is this. lol.

Comment

Hello /How about a LIFE TIME membership so all us old timers do not have to remember are re-up time to renew are continuous support of the a.m.c.a. Please run this buy our new for paid CEO.Thank you. LOYD

Comment

Good idea. Make lifetime membership available at a reasonable price to all who have been a continuous member for 15+ years!
          Originally posted by diesel55 View Post
          Hello /How about a LIFE TIME membership so all us old timers do not have to remember are re-up time to renew are continuous support of the a.m.c.a. Please run this buy our new for paid CEO.Thank you. LOYD

Comment

Won't solve the peel-off issue since that info changes yearly. I gave mine to my wife, she said she used the point of a very sharp knife to lift a corner. She did not suggest that to me since she knew beyond a doubt that I would hurt myself.
            Lonnie Campbell #9908
            South Cackalackey, U.S. of A.

Come see us at the Tenth Annual AMCA Southern National Meet - May 17-19, 2019 at Denton FarmPark, Denton, N.C.

Visit the website for vendor and visitor information at www.amcasouthernnationalmeet.com

Comment

Amen to LIFETIME membership

Comment

Mine came off right away. There's a trick to all hard to peel stickers.
                Len.
                AMCA #765

Comment

Just tried mine...no F****in' way. Then I realized I can't read print that small anyway....I crumpled it up and threw it out....

Comment

Originally posted by diesel55 View Post
                    I'd also be interested. Bob#6738
                    Bob Rice #6738

Comment

Seems our membership dues is going in the wrong direction? I hope not.
                      Len.
                      Here's the trick to the stickers and it works every time on hard to peel stickers and this not a joke.
                      Put one corner between your thumb and fore finger leaving about a 1/2" loose. Then take your other fore finger and flick the corner back and forth lots of times rapidly. You will start to see the backing coming away from the sticker. I did this earlier and it peeled right off with no problems. If you don't see it starting to come apart right away then keep at it and it will separate the back from the sticker.
                      Len.
                      I'll make a video and post it if you don't believe it.
                      Last edited by len dowe; 12-07-2013, 04:10 PM. Reason: video
                      AMCA #765

Comment

Hello to all...I know the Life Membership idea will not solve the Scratch and sniff problem with a new meet schedule card. I can always write the dates down on a calander when they are listed in are club magazine. If you really have a problem, go to any cornor gas stop, the people in front of you are great at standing in line to scratch off tickets. Happy Holidays! Loyd #1676

Comment

Hey Loyd, Great Idea with the life membership I like it,(Loyd B. for President!!!) as for the schedule card I didn't attempt it took the easy way out and shoved it next to the membership card.
                          Happy Holidays to you and the Mrs.
                          Chuck
                          AMCA Member#1848

Comment

Try some scotch tape. You know the kind for wrapping presents.

Put a piece on the back and one one the front and then pull opposite directions.

Works better if you don't stick the tapes together when putting on front and back.

Have not used it for the meet schedule but it works well for other sticker backing applications.
                            AMCA #10930

Comment

Working...
                            X