1937 Indian

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1937 Indian

Here is my latest project. A 1937 Chief I will be pushing just to get on the road correct or not. I will swap out parts as I can find the correct ones. I found this frame in an odd way, or at least I thought so. A person on facebook saw that I restored my first Indian and told me he knew of someone that had some Indian parts if I was interested he would put me in touch. I really was thinking some trinket stuff but he had this beautiful frame in his attic since 1981 (In VT). He picked it up at the Cheshire Fairgrounds swap meet here in NH. I also got a 47 powerplant and transmission w it which I will use for he time being. I will put up pictures of my progress for you guys to see and I am sure I will need some guidance along the way.....and telling me to get a HD will not work hahaha.
    Attached Files

Cool project! Will be watching from afar. I've always dug the leaf spring look. Diggin' the Coke stuff too!
    Cory Othen
    Membership#10953

Comment

excellent !!!! need to see more rigids & leaf spings out there plenty of east coast meets to show it off

Comment

Don't forget the transmission mainshafts are different length.

Comment

Gotcha Tom the bike came with the correct ones to swap out.

Comment

Very cool, what shape is the engine and trans in? That's a great combo, good luck with it. Looking forward to seeing your progress.

Comment

The Engine is over at Rayco Machine in Amesbury MA getting the machine work done. Rick and Ron said the Cylinders look real good as well as the valve seats. The crank needs some work, nothing major, new crank pin and bearing cages along with rod bearings. Going to change it to an 80 w bonne cams & followers. I will be assembling everything once all machine work and polishing is done. Have a 342 linkert for it will be maching the venturi and nozzle to work with the bonne cams.

c.o. I have recently bought a bunch of coke junk, it's all cool to me though lol

Comment

Tranny case is mint too!

Comment

I call all my good stuff "junk" too....
                  Cory Othen
                  Membership#10953

Comment

We made a couple fixtures to straighten the stem and top half of the fork. The stem was pushed way out of line. The legs were pushed back and one was twisted. Have about 12 hours in fixing it but only had to heat the stem once to get it where it needed to be. Used a little yankee ingenuity to get the twist out of it.... Thanks to Sihrmechanic for letting me make a pattern from his fork to get the lines correct.
                    Attached Files

Comment

IMG_6806.jpg
                      with the bars on

Comment

Thanks sirhrmechanic for letting me make patterns
                        De nada, Amigo. Great project and glad to help!

Cheers,

Sirhr

Comment

frame02.jpgframe01.jpgspeedo.jpg
                          This is the day I brought it home last winter.

Comment

Looks like a successful rescue mission!!!
                            Cory Othen
                            Membership#10953

Comment

I have a switch from my 47 that I replaced because I thought there was something wrong with it but as it turns out it was fine. I was thinking of using it until I can afford or find the correct switch. I figure they are wired the same, does anyone know for sure? I couldn't find a wiring diagram for a 37.

Comment

Working...
                              X