X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WebKahuna View Post
    I'll kick it of with
    "Build it They will Come"
    Attempts at clever titles have the problem that not everyone will understand what is meant by them, nor will it be clear what might be appropriate for submission. Instead, something simple and unambiguous, like "Member Bike Builds," should be understandable to everyone.

The title "Member Bike Projects" also would invite projects ranging from the restoration of individual components, like a speedometer gearbox or a frame, up to a total restoration of an incomplete barn find. Unfortunately, that would overlap somewhat with the existing "engine-transmission rebuilding" category. However, if someone's project is the conservation, rather than the restoration, of a complete bike, it should be clear to that person from the "Projects" title of the category that it is covered as well.

Overall, given the current successful "engine-transmission" category, my suggestion is "Member Bike Builds."

Comment

When I was a machinery mechanic I redesigned all machines that I knew the part number of the failing part...I see many rarely used categories[failing part] ,these should be lumped together and new ones created.I posted a long time ago that I posted more on CAIMAG because the categories fit better and were used.Thanx Eric for shaking things up

Comment

Originally posted by BoschZEV View Post
        Attempts at clever titles have the problem that not everyone will understand what is meant by them, nor will it be clear what might be appropriate for submission. Instead, something simple and unambiguous, like "Member Bike Builds," should be understandable to everyone.

The title "Member Bike Projects" also would invite projects ranging from the restoration of individual components, like a speedometer gearbox or a frame, up to a total restoration of an incomplete barn find. Unfortunately, that would overlap somewhat with the existing "engine-transmission rebuilding" category. However, if someone's project is the conservation, rather than the restoration, of a complete bike, it should be clear to that person from the "Projects" title of the category that it is covered as well.

Overall, given the current successful "engine-transmission" category, my suggestion is "Member Bike Builds."
        I don't really mind what it is called providing we get to see some of the different antique bike projects in progress, but I guess I like the one put up by BoschZEV

Comment

I think 'Member Projects' would be good. It covers all aspects such as restoration & consevation and can also be used for things such as rebuilding a gearbox or respoking a wheel etc. A project doesn't need to be the whole bike. They are all made up of projects within the project!

Comment

How about "Bike Build Projects" - we're all members here and each build is a project.

Ride Free
            Iron

Comment

Or simply "Projects."
              Rich
              Rich Inmate #7084

Comment

Originally posted by frichie68 View Post
                Or simply "Projects."
                Rich
                I like that one.
                Cory Othen