Applause to Herbert Wagner and the entire AMCA Magazine Team

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Applause to Herbert Wagner and the entire AMCA Magazine Team

I believe I am not alone in my following thoughts here.

Most of us as motorcycle enthusiasts subscribe to more than one motorcycle publication annually depending on our individual interest areas in the sport. The one magazine that I look forward to finding in my mailbox each issue more than any other is certainly The Antique Motorcycle.

Therefore... I wish to thank our "AMCA Magazine Team" and also Historian and Writer, Herb Wagner for an excellent article in the Fall Edition entitled "Nothing Scares a Young Fellow". I have owned a 39 WL and a 48WR for many years, both of which saw race action on the East coast in the 40's and 50's. I learned a lot more about the history of Class A and Class C racing through this article. Mr. Wagner filled in some empty spots in the history of the sport, added the very interesting "behind the scenes relationships" between the dealers and racers with the people at the factories whom had to make decisions whether to design and produce the next level of engineering to stay in the winners circle, as well as clearing up some old "wive's tales" relating to race rules during those times. Just a very informative and well written piece. The story on Thor also in this issue is written in a similar quality informative manner.

All AMCA Members worldwide should take a moment and reflect (hopefully in a similar positive manner) on the "value we actually recieve" in having a very high quality of magazine "included" in our "very affordable annual dues." If all we actually got for our $30 annual AMCA dues were the Magazine and the Community Forum on our website.... we are all getting great value for our 30 bucks right there alone. The information access we all have to suppliers, craftspeople, swap meets, bike shows, judging, racing, road runs and other events are all "essentially" free after that. I know of many other non-profit organizations with dues structures 2-10X higher than The AMCA whom provide their members with far less.

(Now please do not jump in here and nit-pik, wordsmith and/or money whip me that other events cost additional money... Sure they do. I simply believe you should understand my intended point here in the simple terms it was delivered in. We do have a very good magazine... one of the best out there. I just felt that someone should offer a well deserved "pat on the back" and "Thank You" to those who tirelessly search for and write articles and assemble content in the magazine each issue. Not an easy job to do to try to keep it relevent, interesting and try to meet the huge range of expectations of a very wide variety of interests within our extremely large membership (10,000+ members) over an extremely large geographic area (The World). Plus for Mr. Wagner to contribute articles is most appreciated.. at the very least by myself.)

Keep up the good work....
    Steve Klein
    Collector . Conservator . Enthusiast
    American Pre-teens - 1965
    AMCA Member 12176
    Cherokee Chapter President, Editor
    www.CherokeeAMCA.org
    Steve@SteveKlein.com
    Georgetown, TX USA

Haven`t got mine yet.

Comment

Me either... but it's the best MC magazine out there. And that's with all due respect to Buzz Kanter who has always done some nice magazines.

Cheers,

Sirhr

Comment

Herb produces an impressive historical article for sure. I look forward to the latest.
        Cory Othen
        Membership#10953

Comment

Well said Steve, hats off to em. Best mag of any club I am in, well done!

Comment

Very well said Steve, I totally agree. Bob#6738
            Bob Rice #6738

Comment

In our club magazine, Herb is my favorite read.

joe

Comment

I'll add an Amen to that brothers and sisters.
                DrSprocket

Comment

Slojo wrote: "In our club magazine, Herb is my favorite read."

He is my only read.

....Cotten
                  AMCA #776
                  Dumpster Diver's Motto: Seek,... and Ye Shall Find!

Comment

Steve, I couldn't agree more. GREAT value for the money!
                    Bob
                    Bob Selph
                    1933VC/1934LT Sidecar
                    1940 Sport Scout
                    AMCA#15215

Comment

My thanx to Herb as well-always a great read

Comment

I've been told to join the AMCA and the main reason my friend gave me was the publication. He could'nt have been more right! I read the article with great interest! Thank you Herb!!
                        Bob
                        '' The hurrier I go, the behinder I get ''

Comment

Originally posted by Slojo View Post
                          In our club magazine, Herb is my favorite read.

joe
                          Ditto! He's got the HISTORY in him.
                          No slight intended to other contributors, but Herb's work gets me juiced. Reminds me too, of other race subjects we've enjoyed in the past, Jim Davis, Don Johns, Maldwyn Jones. These are my favorite works. If I could get the subject index figured out I'd re-read that stuff.
                          Steve, I agree on the bargain assessment. Personally, I'd pay fifty for what we have, and a hundred for a catalyst that improved and augmented the web site.
                          ..... and another c-note for a computer geek to get me up to speed, maybe(?!!) .... easy to say when I'm actively making an income, perhaps full retirement will yield lesser ambitions with lesser wallet.

Comment

I have always said if the CLUB did nothing else but put out a magazine it would be worth every penny of membership. Good news it will soon be 6 issues. I've got all 40 years saved since I joined. For the record I have all of Herbert's books and at present am currently re reading one. Phil...it's getting a little scary as I find myself agreeing with everything you say on the forum.
                            Ross

Comment

Originally posted by Ross View Post
                              I have always said if the CLUB did nothing else but put out a magazine it would be worth every penny of membership. Good news it will soon be 6 issues. I've got all 40 years saved since I joined. For the record I have all of Herbert's books and at present am currently re reading one. Phil...it's getting a little scary as I find myself agreeing with everything you say on the forum.
                              Whose coffee are you drinking?!

Comment

Working...
                              X