Mystery part

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mystery part

This part was in a box of HD Peashooter parts that a friend of mine bought 40 years ago. He recently sold the stuff and this was one piece that we could not identify and someone at Davenport suggested it was AJS. It seems not to be standard threads and hex on the studs so English application makes sense.

Thanks Jerry
    Attached Files

Another picture.
    Attached Files

Comment

it looks to be an overhead cam cam box. with a lot of bits missing. year good luck. cc don't know. check you messages.
      rob ronky #10507
      www.diamondhorsevalley.com

Comment

I respectfully disagree.

I doubt it is any sort of overhead cambox, it appears to be more of a cradle that would support overhead valve rocker gear.

I also don't think it is AJS, the classic 20's big port AJS's that had ohv had through bolts to clamp down the head and barrel to the crankcase but the supporting structure for the ohv rocker shafts were basically flat plates bolted to each side of the head. These went through to about '28
        '29 & '30 had a more elaborate "box" to support the rocker shafts but the engine no longer had through bolts, they had the convention flange at the base of the barrel and then the head bolted to the top of the barrel.

The part shown has through bolts fitted and I belive is for ohv so maybe another make in the later 20's
        1914 P&M
        1915 Indian (project)
        1930 M50 Panther
        1958 M35sport Panther

Comment

Working...
        X