Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moto Rumi Drivers

Greetings Rumi Riders,
    I have the drivers for both sizes of the clover leaf headed bolts for the Moto Rumi. They are hex drive so you can use them with a socket or combination wrench. If you are taking the chassis apart you will need two sets. One of each size being a set.
    Best regards, Phil.

rumidriver2.JPGrumidriver3.JPG

Phil...

Drivers look nicely made.

Now, what in the wide, wide world of sports is a Moto Rumi? It sounds exotic and cool! Obviously it requires special drivers.

Post some pix and background on Rumi's. Inquiring minds want to know!

Cheers and welcome,

Sirhr

Comment

Originally posted by sirhrmechanic View Post
      Phil...

Drivers look nicely made.

Now, what in the wide, wide world of sports is a Moto Rumi? It sounds exotic and cool! Obviously it requires special drivers.

Post some pix and background on Rumi's. Inquiring minds want to know!

Cheers and welcome,

Sirhr
      Thanks, Sirhr.

Go to Google images and type in Moto Rumi. I made a bunch of parts for a guy who has two of the scooters.

Cheers, Phil

Comment

Originally posted by PSchack View Post
        Thanks, Sirhr.

Go to Google images and type in Moto Rumi. I made a bunch of parts for a guy who has two of the scooters.

Cheers, Phil
        Where's the fun in that?

Cheers,

Sirhr

Just 'funning you. Neat machines. I think I saw one in Who Framed Roger Rabbit! And thanks to this post, I learned something new today (besides how difficult Clausewitz is to comprehend, interpret and contrast with Jomani in the context of asymmetric conflict. Well, back to schoolwork....)
        Last edited by sirhrmechanic; 06-18-2013, 09:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by sirhrmechanic View Post
          Where's the fun in that?

Cheers,

Sirhr

Just 'funning you. Neat machines. I think I saw one in Who Framed Roger Rabbit! And thanks to this post, I learned something new today (besides how difficult Clausewitz is to comprehend, interpret and contrast with Jomani in the context of asymmetric conflict. Well, back to schoolwork....)

Actually, the scooter is a 125cc twin two stroke. The twin carb version goes about 90 mph. With that short wheel base, it's a bit exciting.

Phil

Comment

I mentioned this scooter (of which I had never heard of before, either) to some folks in Italy (they manufacture our snow machines), and here's their interesting reply:

" Formichino Rumi: yeahh! I must have somewhere a picture of my father and mother in the 50's, on one of these bugs, in a mountain road! They have produced very few units.
            This is what I know, according to my father's tales:
            The Formichino (little ant, or anty) was made by a "crazy" owner of small factory in North Italy (close to Milano) Mr. Rumi.
            It was with a two stroke engine, twin cylinder I think. The whole chassis was a die-cast of aluminium, while the Vespa and Lambretta had pressed and welded steel frames. Absolutely crazy!
            One thing is sure: it was not a state-of-art of engineering, but who owns one has a real rarity, a high value!"
            Pisten Bully is Harry Roberts in Vermont.

Comment

Working...
            X