Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally finished!

Hi Folks,

My bike is 99% finished. The only thing left to install is the handclutch cable. I spent 3 years working on it and I had a blast! I learnt so much. No it is registration time and it looks like it is going to be difficult. Anyhoo........ Here are 2 pics. Click on the 2nd pics for a video. Sorry for the barking, my dog is insane.......

Bob
    '' The hurrier I go, the behinder I get ''

Beautiful, GREAT video but.......now MY dogs are barking!
    Rich
    Rich Inmate #7084

Comment

Bob, you did such a beautiful job on your WLC. I loved following your progress, and how you delt with the inevitable problems that occur with any restoration. As they say in England; Good show ! I laughed out loud at your comment about your dog. My dog hates motorcycles, and bicycles and goes ape when I climb on either one.
      Eric Smith
      AMCA #886

Comment

Bob, you did a great job on that WLC ! All the hard work seems to instantly pay off when the bike fires up and settles into that good ol' potato, potato sound.... at least that's how it seems to work for me.... after you get that paper work figured out, I hope you get many trouble free miles out of that flattie!
        Cory Othen
        Membership#10953

Comment

Congratulations, Bob! Now, aren't you glad you didn't just "civilianize" it and slap it together, like you were thinking when you first started? Hee hee! It looks great. I hope the Provincial authorities don't give you a whole lot of grief about registering it. It's a historical vehicle!
          Gerry Lyons #607
          http://www.37ul.com/
          http://flatheadownersgroup.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Sargehere View Post
            Congratulations, Bob! Now, aren't you glad you didn't just "civilianize" it and slap it together, like you were thinking when you first started? Hee hee! It looks great. I hope the Provincial authorities don't give you a whole lot of grief about registering it. It's a historical vehicle!
            Hi Sarge,

You have no clue how happy I am to have taken the military route for this restoration. As you stated, it is an historical motorcycle with a lot more appeal than the civil one I would have built with lots of repop parts. And thank you so much with all the help you gave me Sarge!
            Bob

Comment

Very cool, you did a great job!

Comment

There is nothing like havign a project come together and then the first fire up. The engine sounds, the smells associated with a newly fired engine...a few steps back to relish what took years to do. Good looking WLC!

Comment

Hi folks,

For registration purpose, I need to know the weight of a WL.

Thank you,
                  Bob

Comment

Bob, the military mechanics book from 1943 says that it's "approximately 560 pounds, without equipment". If you need an exact weight I'd be looking for a trucker scale nearby.
                    Cory Othen
                    Membership#10953

Comment

Thanks Cory.
                      Bob

Comment

Working...
                      X