66 xlch clutch hub wobble normal ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 66 xlch clutch hub wobble normal ???

I was going to replace the primary gasket on my 66 xlch and i noticed after I took of the cover that my cluitch hub has a bit of a wobble to it. I see in the manual that there is two bearings in the hub. Is that normal to have a bit of wobble in the hub? Any advice would be helpful. thanks Jack.

Dry clutch hub bearing replacement

Originally posted by jackrabbitjack View Post
    I was going to replace the primary gasket on my 66 xlch and i noticed after I took of the cover that my cluitch hub has a bit of a wobble to it. I see in the manual that there is two bearings in the hub. Is that normal to have a bit of wobble in the hub? Any advice would be helpful. thanks Jack.
    Jack
    The clutch on the 66 has a single needle bearing and in my 47 years of screwing around with Magnito bikes this bearing is the highest failure rate item on the bike. Any wobble on the hub will result in a oil leak. I usually cut the bearing out with a carbide bit on a dremmel tool and SLOWLY press a new on it so it just touches the spacer. Beats re riveting the starter gear. Hopes this helps, Dave

Comment

Thanks Dave. will do just what you said. thanks again

Comment

Working...
      X