1956 khk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1956 khk

I have some questions on a '56KHK that I bought years ago. This bike has been in storage for the last 10 years. After redoing the topend new rings and a valve job the bike refuses to kickstart,the kicker does not cycle through the sequence. Also some comments on V-TWINS wiring harness would be appreciated as well. Also a good source of KHK pistons would be appreciated as well. THANKS IN ADVANCE CHARLEY

Could you elaborate on the kick starter problem?
    VPH-D

Comment

The kickstarter will not engage,the pedal will not travel through the kickstart arc,trans is in neutral. Like I stated all I did was new rings and a valve regrind. This is why this bike has sit for 10 years,as I had something else to ride. THANKS

Comment

You need to examine the starter gear and the ratchet gear/sleeve combination as well as the ratchet half that is riveted to the back of the clutch drum. It could be a variety of issues or any of several single issues, but until you see the parts it is difficult to tell. and with no pictures even harder! The ratchet gear must slip freely on its sleeve, if it is seized it will not work. Starter gears also can shear rivets off the drum, etc. Sounds like you need to remove the clutch assembly and take a look.
        Robbie
        Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

When you say the pedal won't travel through it makes me need to ask if the pedal moves a little then stops partialy down.
          Kerry AMCA # 15911

Comment

Rubone,you confirmed my suspicions about the kick starter,I will tear the kicker apart first chance I get. Kerry,the kicker pedal only moves about an inch before it locks up. The last time I had kicker problems was on my '59 XL,when I bent the kicker pedal shaft. THANKS CHARLEY

Comment

Working...
            X