• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dlxl66elxl View Post
    PS, the clutch cable oiler did not appear till 55
    Hmmm!! noted thankyou.
    1959 XLCH

Comment

They are not listed on the KH 54 season order blank.
      Kerry AMCA # 15911

Comment

Originally posted by dlxl66elxl View Post
        The -59 parts book says these tips are for all K's and XL/XLH through 59. The HD archives book shows a 52 K and a 57 XL with no tips. These were accessories. I would submit these photos and an appeal to Don D, the Chief Judge and get your points back. I am a Field Judge and have processes lots of appeals and have appealed myself. The system works. Dave
        No need the bike still received a junior first, if it goes out again I will have what I need to make sure it gets corrected.
        1959 XLCH

Comment

I'd agree with the parts numbers listed BUT the parts book has plenty of accessory stuff in it, like spot-lights. The stock K had black handlebars, cadmium plated horn, etc, they were trying so hard to keep the base price under $1000. So you can be sure that fender tips did not come standard. They're not shown in any factory photos I've seen. The K came into '52 model year so only made the September '53 New Model Announcement. Here's a scan. I have them on my '53 KK and they're ugly junk!53 k.jpg

Comment

Working...
          X