Need Sportster Tank & Fender

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Sportster Tank & Fender

It's been a while since I've called out for these parts on this forum, but I still need the correct gas tank and rear fender for my '64 XLCH. The gas tank has an NPT drain plug on the left rear bottom and the usual 3/8 NPT petcock location on the right mid-bottom. The rear fender has no hole for the tail lamp wires and no indent in the area behind the horshoe oil tank. In fact, there are no indents at all.

I've received a couple of responses the last time I posted, but one was a fake and the other never responded to my response. If you have these parts to sell, please write to this thread or email me directly at WMP@Soundindustries.us.

Thanks,
    Bill Pedalino
    Bill Pedalino
    Huntington, New York
    AMCA 6755

Bill,
    I was lucky enough to find my tank with the dual holes on eBay. It took a few weeks of looking but it finally showed up. I am also looking for a fender.
    Be sure to visit;
    http://www.vintageamericanmotorcycles.com/main.php
    Be sure to register at the site so you can see large images.
    Also be sure to visit http://www.caimag.com/forum/

Comment

Chris,
      I look through EBay regularly as well, but its difficult to enter the correct search phrases. You never know how the seller is going to list the tank, as the descriptions are subjective. 'Sportster tank', 'XL gas tank', 'XLCH Tank', 'Peanut Tank' (I hate that one, as it really wasn't a peanut tank), and the search listing go on and on and I search as many as I can. The result is usually many, many listings to review and not much time to sit behind the computer. But I do it as often as time allows.
      Last edited by billpedalino; 03-09-2013, 03:22 PM.
      Bill Pedalino
      Huntington, New York
      AMCA 6755

Comment

Just keep at it, Bill. I have found both of the parts you are looking for on ebay in the past.

Comment

Well guys, Oley is comming up and I thought I would once again refresh my plea. If anyone is attending Oley and has the tank and/or fender that I'm looking for, please bring/them it along. You can reach me at my email address; WMP@soundindustries.us or on my cell phone at (516) 532-6322.

Thanks and enjoy the meet - Oley never disappoints!
          Bill Pedalino
          Huntington, New York
          AMCA 6755

Comment

Working...
          X