1968 V700 oil leak

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1968 V700 oil leak

I have an oil leak at the headgasket area. it seems to be coming from the side opposite the spark plug. It only shows up after about 50 miles with drips blowing back on the foot peg. I have installed a Bunn type crankcase vent system so it should be breathing fine. I pulled the head off & don't see anything to indicate a leak. I will resurface the head & install new headgasket and O rings. Anybody familiar with something like this ? Would a spray head gasket sealant (as used on copper gaskets) be good to use on the stock gaskets. Forgot to mention it has a 750 top end if it makes any difference.
    Thanks

I had same problem with both V7 1969 and 1972 850GT ,more so after cruising at 70MPH in Australia. I opened up Muffler to reduce back pressure. on 850 GT, I used Dunstall Mufflers for some time before I put Standard Muffler Back on and oil started to leak from head gasket
    removing last piece pipe from end of muffler stopped oil leak without increasing noise very much. wish I still had both bikes.

Comment

Working...
    X