XLCH Frame Trade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• XLCH Frame Trade

I know this is a long shot, but I have an XLCH frame in very good-to-excellent condition for my '64. However, the stamping is 'C 2' which means it was assembled in March of the 1962 production year. I will not change the stamped number! Does anyone have a 1964 production year frame in similar condition for trade?

I'm currently stripping the original paint off by hand using a chemical stripper. I always do this before abrasive blasting as it allows me to 'get to know' the frame very well. Having done so, I can say that this one is in very good condition. The only flaw is that while the OEM paint appeared to be intact, apparently it became porus over the years and a slight bit of rusting is present in some locations under the paint. There is some very minor pitting - Nothing that a high-buiild zinc primer won't easily fill. One would expect some coating failure after 50 years though. If the rusting was not present, I would rate the frame in its stripped condition as 'Factory-Condition' (Excellent).

If there is any interest, I will take a picture while its still bare-steel and post it. If not, I'll use the frame on the '64 as its correct except for the date stamp.

Thanks,
    Bill Pedalino
    Bill Pedalino
    Huntington, New York
    AMCA 6755
Working...
X