Sportster Front Tire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Murph,
    I was looking for Avon Speed Masters on the web and also came across Dunlop K70's. The thread seems to look somewhat like the Grasshopped, but without a Grasshopper in front of me, I really can't tell if the Avon is closer. Looks like they make 4.00 x 18", 3.25 x 19" and 3.50 x 19" and they're available from J&P. I'll try to attach an Image, but that doesn't always seem to work for me. What do you think?
    Dunlop K70 Rear.jpg
    Last edited by billpedalino; 11-12-2012, 06:47 AM.
    Bill Pedalino
    Huntington, New York
    AMCA 6755

Comment

I run Dunlop K70s on my 440. Nice old style tread pattern. Got them from Dennis Kirk for around 60 bucks delivered if I remember correctly. 4.00 x 18. Couldn't find 4.50s. Seem to ride OK and good wear pattern.
      D. A. Bagin #3166 AKA Panheadzz 440 48chief W/sidecar 57fl 57flh 58fl 66m-50 68flh 70xlh

Comment

I have 2 Sport Rib Goodyears, one 18" and one 19". I thought Hummer and K Model?

Comment

tired

goodyear super eagle 4ply sportster 2ply 125-165 and 1955 up hummers.

Comment

Originally posted by Robert Luland View Post
            Bill, I know nothing of the photo other than I collect them. Here’s a couple more. Bob L
            Hey Bob,
            I see a panhead made it's way in the first photo
            Not meaning to stray off topic but are Things getting any better in Hoboken?
            Chuck
            AMCA Member#1848

Comment

We survived Chuck, Hoboken right now is just a parade of tow trucks and car carriers taking the carcass’s away including mine. $80 G’s in new trucks down the drain. Before somebody points their finger at someone and accusing them of price gouging. They better point their finger at the insurance industry first. The biggest group of whores ever put on the planet. Bob L
              AMCA #3149
              http://www.thegoodoldmotorcyclepartscompany.com

Comment

I'm in heavy construction - you should only know !!
                Bill Pedalino
                Huntington, New York
                AMCA 6755

Comment

Originally posted by rigb View Post
                  I have 2 Sport Rib Goodyears, one 18" and one 19". I thought Hummer and K Model?
                  I've come across a few in my day too. I'm pretty sure that was standard equipment on late 1960's Sportsters.

Comment

sportster.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Here is a copy of the 1965 Sporster sales flyer. Bob L
                      Attached Files
                      AMCA #3149
                      http://www.thegoodoldmotorcyclepartscompany.com

Comment

Bob,

I remember sitting at our kitchen table in Farmingdale, Long Island excitedly looking through that same sales borchure! I was 15 years old and a high school sophmore. We had cut the last two afternoon classes at Farmingdale High and drove over to Gene Baron's almost-new delaership in West Babylon where he graciously bestowed this gift onto me as an up-and-comming 'enthusiast' and customer. He certainly was spot-on!

Anyway, my father came home from work that night and noticed me looking at the brochure, after which an 'interesting' conversation ensued, I believe focused upon my inability to walk, crawl or slide upon the broken bones that would surely follow my purchase of a 'murder-cycle'. They did have a way with words back then.

Ah yes, good times!!

Thanks again for dredging up old memories...

Bill Pedalino
                        Last edited by billpedalino; 11-15-2012, 06:38 PM.
                        Bill Pedalino
                        Huntington, New York
                        AMCA 6755

Comment

Working...
                        X