No Instant email notification problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No Instant email notification problem

I am not sure what is wrong, but I do not get any Email Notification when someone responds to a post I make. I need to check the "New Posts" and see if anyone responded.

Yes, I have checked my "JUNK" mail
    Yes, I have the subscription mode set to "Instantly, using email".
    Yes, the box is checked to receive emails at the bottom of the 'post'.
    Yes, I have a good/current email address.

Anything I miss?
    Jim

AMCA #6520

I don't think you're missing anything Jim. After the last website update my e-mail notifications stopped as well. I also noticed that not "all" the new posts show up for me when I use that function.
    Cory Othen
    Membership#10953

Comment

Thanks! It's nice to know that your not going crazy!
      Jim

AMCA #6520

Comment

I asked the site programmer to look at this and He's found evidence of problems with outgoing mails. The exact cause is still not clear, He's doing some testing and research on a fix. I'll update you here as I get more information
        Gary

Comment

Hey Gary,

I got home tonight to about 20 email notifications for posts that were a month or two old. I did not however receive any notifications for posts that were a day old. Maybe it has some catching up to do???
          Cory Othen
          Membership#10953

Comment

I sure don't need anymore E Mail in my mailbox.
            Be sure to visit;
            http://www.vintageamericanmotorcycles.com/main.php
            Be sure to register at the site so you can see large images.
            Also be sure to visit http://www.caimag.com/forum/

Comment

I do like to get the emails so I can track my posts and respond to folks that try to help.

I haven't had any updates/instant emails since the new site either.
              Ray
              AMCA #7140

Comment

Originally posted by c.o. View Post
                Hey Gary,

I got home tonight to about 20 email notifications for posts that were a month or two old. I did not however receive any notifications for posts that were a day old. Maybe it has some catching up to do???
                Hi Cory
                Thanks for that update. You hit it on the head about catching up. The system shows a backlog fluctuating between 1355 to 1389 queued emails. Still working on getting them up to date
                Thanks
                Gary

Comment

The programmer fixed the clog your should start receiving email notices again. Watch your spam folders and such, the system processed more than 1500 emails in the last 12 hours or so. So some of you may have been deluged with mails depending on your profile setting
                  Gary

Comment

I'm now getting ALL posts, not just PMs. The entire Cannonball thread, etc. 1 email at a time.
                    100+ emails later and...OK now, thanks to WebKauna. My own dang fault!

Last edited by frichie68; 09-28-2012, 08:43 AM.
                    Rich Inmate #7084

Comment

I got home from work tonight to two hundred and forty odd AMCA emails. It looks like I'm caught up!!! Man, I think I yammer too much!!! Thanks for coordinating a solution Gary!!
                      Cory Othen
                      Membership#10953

Comment

Originally posted by c.o. View Post
                        I got home from work tonight to two hundred and forty odd AMCA emails. It looks like I'm caught up!!! Man, I think I yammer too much!!! Thanks for coordinating a solution Gary!!
                        240? that is a lot! However, they probably go back a long time and of course you wouldn't have to actually open each one. Sounds like you are caught up! Also, the nice thing is, if anyone does not like getting the emails, you can tic the box and opt out of getting them. Either way, I like them as I don't always get here all the time and it is just nice to know that someone has responded... especially if you ask a question that you NEED an answer too.

Jim
                        Jim

AMCA #6520

Comment

Yesterday or so,
                          I received a notification for a PM I replied to months ago.

And a fresh PM dated 7-16-12.

No big deal,
                          but I wonder it it accounts for some the people pissed at me.

.....Cotten
                          AMCA #776
                          Dumpster Diver's Motto: Seek,... and Ye Shall Find!

Comment

Tom, you come here every day. When you log on, your messages pop up don't they?
                            AMCA #3149
                            http://www.thegoodoldmotorcyclepartscompany.com

Comment

Working...
                            X