• Show
Clear All

• because everyone loves pictures

Eric Smith
    AMCA #886

Eric Smith
    AMCA #886

Comment

Eric, that first pic looks like Rocky's sister.
      Last edited by Robert Luland; 06-16-2012, 08:46 AM.
      AMCA #3149
      http://www.thegoodoldmotorcyclepartscompany.com

Comment

Perfect.... just perfect... Thanks!!! I was just looking through a magazine article today with a motorsickle of yours Eric.... very nice!!!
        Cory Othen
        Membership#10953

Comment

Has anyone ever found one of those fully nickel plated trade show Merkels? Wouldn't that be something to see in an unrestored condition?
          Mike Carver
          AMCA #3349

Comment

Originally posted by mcarver View Post
            Has anyone ever found one of those fully nickel plated trade show Merkels? Wouldn't that be something to see in an unrestored condition?
            I've never heard of one surviving time. I tend to think they were mocked up show pieces that didn't run and were never intended to make it out to the public. The Merkel in the above picture is missing some important items and I don't see all of the oil lines, and control sleeves. The sad fact with many of the belt drive, and atmospheric valve motorcycles is; they were obsolete in 1915, and were hopelessly antique as the advancements in motor vehicles went at a lightning pace. It took many years for history to appreciate motorcycles from that era, and contrary to some narrow minded folks, the AMCA was a big part of saving that history.
            Eric Smith
            AMCA #886

Comment

Working...
            X