AMCA magazine past issues CD or DVD`

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AMCA magazine past issues CD or DVD`

I would like to get a CD or DVD of the past issues that was offered a while back but apparently is no longer available.

Thanks for any leads.
    AMCA #10930

Now that is something I would also purchase. There would be lots of good information. If you hear of more than one available I too am interested.
    Bob Beatty
    AMCA 19209

Comment

Maybe someone with the disc would burn a few copies on their hard drive. That would be awesome.

Comment

Old thread - New query
        Has anyone been successful in finding a copy ?????????????

Comment

Originally posted by GTD View Post
          Old thread - New query
          Has anyone been successful in finding a copy ?????????????
          I just checked my set, what you are asking about is actually 6 CD's
          1: 1954 to 1969
          2: 1970 to 1979
          3: 1980 to 1989
          4:1990 to 1995
          5: 1996 to 2001
          6: 2002 to 2005
          after that production stopped
          Kevin Valentine 13
          EX-Chief Judge

Comment

Thanks for the reply !
            Now that I know a bit more about what I'm looking for .. does anyone have a set ?

Comment

I discussed this with a couple of people within the organization Bill Wood being one of them.

If my memory serves me, He said it cost too much money to put them on CD's. Also that there was a desire to add them to the library.

I sugessted putting them on a flash drive as an easier and cheaper alternative than cd's.

It went nowhere.

I almost got the impression that there might be some content ownership issues with whomever published them.

It's a shame, they are all digital on CD's, it would be easy to fit all of them on a $10 or less flash drive. based on size of data.

A CD holds roughly 640 mb of data x 6 cd's = roughly 3.6 GB of data.

You can get an 8 GB preloaded flash drive for $7.55 each for 100 quantity - http://www.usb2usb.com/specialty_ser...ve_pricing.htm

Sell the dang thing for $50 and put the profit into the youth program..............seems like a no brainer to me.

Buck Carson, are you taking notes?
              AMCA #10930

Comment

D.J.:

Actually, we've got what we hope is a better solution in the works. The Club's Virtual Library is in the midst of a major upgrade project that we hope will be unveiled sometime this summer. Part of that project would result in copies of the magazine being available for download by members through the Library, so they would be available anytime--no need to order flash drives, etc.

This is a project that is still in the works, but at this point, everything looks like it's on track. If for some reason that doesn't work out, there is still a significant interest in making the magazine available, so we'll have to look at other options.

Bill Wood

Comment

Working...
                X