Recommendations for Linkert Carburetors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recommendations for Linkert Carburetors

Any feedback on these two dealers for Linkert carburetors: Into The Wilderness or abcgang, both on Ebay? Any other source who would be a good choice?

What are you looking for? I'm in Jersey and might have it. Bob L
    AMCA #3149
    http://www.thegoodoldmotorcyclepartscompany.com

Comment

I'm looking for an M-21 carburetor.

Comment

Sorry kid but that ones not in Santa's sack! Both venders you mentioned are quality contractors. Bob L
        AMCA #3149
        http://www.thegoodoldmotorcyclepartscompany.com

Comment

I just received a beautifully restored M21 carburetor from the abcgang which you can find on ebay. These are great people who do great work. Contact them if you need carburetors or service.

Comment

Leomags!

You are quite fortunate to find one, as they are relatively rare!

Were you lucky enough to get one with surviving nickel upon the body, and bronze bowl?

....Cotten
            AMCA #776
            Dumpster Diver's Motto: Seek,... and Ye Shall Find!

Comment

Hi Cotten, no nickel on the body, bronze body and bowl. I was happy to get the carburetor. Is the bronze body a detriment?

Comment

Leomags!

If the body and bowl are both bare bronze, it means they have been molested of their original finish, probably by aggressive blasting, but not re-finished.

In AMCA terms, it is not "restored".

Ideally, the finish would have been patinated "dull" nickel, such as the bowl in my attachment.
                If a 'restored' finish is desired, a brighter fuel-proof dressing can be used over the original nickel, preserving it for posterity.

....Cotten
                PS: Note bright nickel pivot screw, valve, and bowl cap as well.
                Attached Files
                Last edited by T. Cotten; 06-15-2012, 08:12 AM.
                AMCA #776

Comment

Thanks Cotton, if I plan to "show" I will have to do some nickel plating in the future or risk the loss of points.

Comment

Leomags!

If you choose to re-finish by plating,
                    Please be aware that the manifold flange, aircleaner flange, and occasionally the lowspeed spring collar's seat,.. as well as the three bowl decks, should be re-cut or ground prior to plating, if they have not already.

Note also that traditional electroplating will deposit more heavily upon sharp edges than the rest.
                    Electroless nickel produces a far more consistant, and less destructive layer, although it will still be far more gaudy than the original, even when it was new.
                    Hammermarks and blemishes will be amplified by either process, unless dressed and re-textured.

Good luck!

....Cotten
                    AMCA #776

Comment

Would you think a a DLX-38 would have been nickled? I have this on my 26 JD and believe it was optional to the HX. I could not get the beautiful HX181 to run well and swaped this on till I have time to go through it again.
                      Dan Margolien
                      Yankee Chapter National Meet July 31/August 1 2020 at the TERRYVILLE Fairgounds, Terryville CT.
                      Www.yankeechapter.org
                      Pocketvalve@gmail.com

Comment

Dan!

Absolutely.

....Cotten
                        Attached Files
                        AMCA #776

Comment

Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!! Nice picture, too.
                          Dan Margolien
                          Yankee Chapter National Meet July 31/August 1 2020 at the TERRYVILLE Fairgounds, Terryville CT.
                          Www.yankeechapter.org
                          Pocketvalve@gmail.com

Comment

Originally posted by leomags View Post
                            Any feedback on these two dealers for Linkert carburetors: Into The Wilderness or abcgang, both on Ebay? Any other source who would be a good choice?
                            Anyone else having problems with Into the Wilderness ? On june 7th I ordered $80.00 of small parts from his website and have not recieved the parts. Emails and phone calls have not been returned. I even called his cell phone no. listed and left a message and got no response. I emailed through ebay and did get a response asking when I purchased the parts. I emailed back a copy of all of the Paypal transaction details but got no response. I emailed again stating that I need to hear from him but again got no response. I have bought a few parts from him before and have not had any problems but this is unacceptable.
                            Bob Patza
                            AMCA no. 13275

Comment

Bob!

Microbusinesses are often subject to uncontrollable circumstances.
                              One health issue can bring things to a halt for weeks.

The entire vintage motorcycle industry requires interminable patience.

And then some.

....Cotten
                              AMCA #776

Comment

Working...
                              X