Moto Guzzi compression

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moto Guzzi compression

I have a 68 v700. Does anyone what a normal reading for a compression check would be? I have 150psi &130psi.

I think your good. I did a little checking, some of the early v700's and Ambassador's had 150 to 170 when they were new. The eldorado's they backed off a little and they were 135 to 150. Hope that helps. Gregg

Comment

Eddie--
      You may want to pull a head to look at the cylinders or at least drop the oil pan and look for chrome flakes. These bikes had a nikasil plating on the cylinders that tends to flake off with age and can cause havoc when circulated through the engine.
      John Prusnek

Comment

I have read that you add 1 full point to the compression ratio and then multiply by 14.7 (which is one atmosphere)that should be a rule of thumb for what your compression should be.
        Thanks Jim D
        Jim D

Comment

Jim
          I will have to write that one down, thanks

Comment

compression pressure is not mentioned at all in 1st edition of V-7 700cc workshop manual. ratio is quoted at 9 to 1. concidering you have a difference in pressure, remove heads and check bores for chrome peeling as bores were chrome plated. mine suffered from sugar in tank and had to have chrome molly sleeves with new pistons, but only found out about the sugar after I traded the bike. It would lift front wheel on change to second gear when I wound it up in first away from the lights. got a lot of looks when jumpstarting cars with flat batterys. wish I still had it

Comment

Previous owner put a 750 top end with Mukini flatslide carbs on it so i do not have a problem there. rejetted the carbs & it run pretty good so i'm just having fun riding it now. I will pull the top end this winter (thats Jan or Feb here in the south) & refresh as needed. Thanks for all the replies

Comment

Working...
              X