No announcement yet.

New AMCA Chapter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ric, thanks for your effort and tenacity to start a new AMCA Chapter. Your example should be an inspiration to other AMCA members who live far from existing AMCA Chapters. Congtratulations! With a little effort and a lot of enthusiasm, a new Chapter can be born. It only takes eight AMCA members to apply for approval from the Board to start a new Chapter. I can assure you the Board will take prompt action on your group's application. To all who read this thread who don't belong to a Chapter and want to start one, please contact Fred Davis, Director of Chapters, for information.
    Richard Spagnolli
    AMCA #6153

Comment

We just received approval from the AMCA Board to proceed to Step 2 in forming the Gulf Coast Chapter (GCC)... This is great news! Our home base will be located in the Tampa Bay Area (Brandon/Valrico) and obviously hope to attract AMCA members from the Gulf Coast States but AMCA members from any State are more than welcome to join. Please feel free to send me a private message or email ric_bolduc@yahoo.com if you are is interested in joining the GCC. I will post updates about our new chapter as I get them.

Comment

Congrats on the new Gulf Coast chapter, but Tampa is 700 miles from Baton Rouge. Sounds like we need another new chapter around the Mississippi or Louisiana coast.....
        Louie
        FaceBook >>>Modern Antique Cycle
        Blog Site >>> http://louiemcman.blogspot.com/
        YouTube >>> LouieMCman

Comment

I attended the inaugural Gulf Coast Chapter meeting yesterday at Ric Bolduc's home. Considering the amount of business successfully conducted and completed; it was the most productive meeting I have ever been to. I attribute that to fact that the GCC is full of the smartest, friendliest, club-centric, old motorcycle lovers I've ever had the pleasure to hang with. I can safely predict the GCC is going to be a very active chapter in the AMCA, and is going to grow exponentially. I want to thank Ric and his wife for their hospitality, and hard work, and the way they made everyone feel welcome.
          Eric Smith
          AMCA #886

Comment

I second that! Lisa and I were also at Ric and Laura's to attend the kickoff meeting of the Gulf Coast Chapter yesterday. Their hospitality was tremendous. They welcomed all of us biker trash to their beautiful Harley-themed home with open arms; they even provided a catered barbeque and all the fixin's as the meeting wrapped up.

Eric Smith (above) didn't remember to mention that he was elected Vice President of the new chapter by the unanimous vote of the members present. There were 21 AMCA members present, and many more were spoken for. (Now I know where to take my vise when it breaks: to the master of vices, Eric!)

Ric Bolduc is President, and I'm Secretary and chapter Chief Deputy Judge. Jack Stauffer was elected Treasurer, and was represented by his wife Kelli Webb, the AMCA National Corresponding Secretary (or something! Sorry if I don't get your title correct, Kelli!)

Some of the other biker trash in attendance included Bruce Palmer, who was elected one of the Chapter Trustees. Don Huffman (owner of Lakeland Harley-Davidson), and Paul Scott are the other Trustees. All offices are for one year.

Filling the Peanut Gallery yesterday, and greatly contributing to the discussions, were Bob Courboin and Dennis Craig, both recently "retired to Florida," but who were in large part responsible for the founding and flourishing for many years of Colonial Chapter and the wildly successful Harmony National Meet, in Northern New Jersey!

Then there was another piece of biker trash, some guy named Ed Youngblood (whoever he is!), who is also semi-retired and ready to help the new chapter to thrive. Ed offered good advice from his long experience in motorcycle matters. With names like that, I can see that Eric's Vice Squad is likely to have its hands full with that crowd hangin' aroun'!

I'd also like to recognize Cheech & Rock, Dan, the other Dan, Nancy, Wayne, Tom, Tammi, Keith, Alan, Ed and Shelby, and all of their partners and guests. I'm sure there were more who participated. The meeting took only an hour-fifteen. I think it was productive and driven because the smell of barbeque was filling the meeting room.

Chapter dues were set at twenny bux a year (we don't have a bank account to put it in or a PO Box to send it to quite yet, but now we can get um!) and the meetings will be quarterly. Speaking of which, Don Huffman offered his Harley dealership as the location of the next Gulf Coast Chapter meeting. After discussion, the offer was gladly accepted by the members, and set for Lakeland H-D on October 13th at 3 p.m. Everyone seemed happy with that starting time, in the middle of their otherwise busy weekends.

This was an important milestone for the new "G.C.C." Now we can proceed with a lot of mundane, necessary things, like tax numbers and a bank account and formal address. With the vast experience represented at this inaugural meeting, I think it's a slam dunk that the members of Gulf Coast Chapter are going to go far and do great things! I'm proud to be associated with this kind of biker trash, ya know?
            Last edited by Sargehere; 07-29-2012, 04:45 PM.
            Gerry Lyons #607
            http://www.37ul.com/
            http://flatheadownersgroup.com/

Comment

These things are kinda like the arrival of a new baby, and accompanied by all the ambitious intentions. Brings me back to when we started ours.
              But.......
              "Now we can proceed with a lot of mundane, necessary things, like tax numbers and a bank account and formal address." quote sarge

thet thar is called "AFTERBIRTH" !!

Comment

Originally posted by Sargehere View Post

Don Huffman offered his Harley dealership as the location of the next Gulf Coast Chapter meeting. After discussion, the offer was gladly accepted by the members, and set for Lakeland H-D on October 13th at 3 p.m. Everyone seemed happy with that starting time, in the middle of their otherwise busy weekends.
                what the heck is a weekend to a bunch of retired old farts? well with the meeting starting at 3pm and only being one hour 15. you can still catch the early bird special at i hop
                rob ronky #10507
                www.diamondhorsevalley.com

Comment

I couldn't have said it better than Eric and Sarge... Thanks guys! What a great inaugural meeting we had last Saturday. For those who couldn't attend, picture this… A drive way full of vintage motorcycles, a large group of AMCA members having a great time, and awesome BBQ meats and drinks… What more could you ask for on a perfect weather Saturday. We are certainly well on our way to becoming an official AMCA Chapter.

I would like to say to all our fellow AMCA members who are interested that it’s never too late to be a part of our Gulf Coast Chapter, so come join the fun at our next GCC meeting on October 10th at 3:00 p.m. located at Harley-Davidson of Lakeland, Florida. If you cannot attend the meeting but would like to join the GCC, or you would just like to know more about the GCC, please email us at members@amcagcc.com

There are great times ahead for the GCC and we invite all to be a part of the excitement of forming and molding our new chapter. I KNOW that the Gulf Coast Chapter is going to be one of the BEST AMCA chapters ever!

Ric Bolduc
                  President - Gulf Coast Chapter

Comment

It's official folks! The Gulf Coast Chapter (GCC) of the AMCA was chartered as an official AMCA chapter yesterday, October 4th, at the AMCA National Board Meeting in Hanover, PA. Congratulations and thanks goes out to all whose hard work and support made the GCC a reality. I'm honored to be a member of this GREAT club, and to be President of the GCC. I'm looking forward to the many years of fun and good times that lie ahead for us with the AMCA.

Ric Bolduc
                    President - Gulf Coast Chapter of the AMCA

Comment

Working...
                    X