Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New AMCA Chapter

Hi all,

I'm considering filing the paperwork to start a new Antique Motorcycle Club of America chapter called "Gulf Coast Chapter". One requirement is to provide a list of prospective members so if any one is interested in joining the Gulf Coast Chapter, please send me a private email at ric_bolduc@yahoo.com

Thanks!
    Ric

"Where do I sign?"
    Gerry Lyons #607
    http://www.37ul.com/
    http://flatheadownersgroup.com/

Comment

Where would the Gulf Coast Chapter call home?
      1938 Indian Scout
      1947 WL
      1954 Servi-car
      2000 Ultra

Comment

Better have alot of time and energy.
        #7558 Take me on and you take on the whole trailer park!

Comment

Originally posted by KNUCK View Post
          Better have alot of time and energy.
          I'd like to give the guy (Ric) a little more encouragement than that. I thought the same after a couple of years, but that all depends on the ambitions of the group. If all you want to do is get together and have good times, well, that's how it all started, right? The obligations in membership and treasury reporting are the basic ongoing tasks, and while we're encouraged to do newsletters (the biggest job imo) they aren't mandatory.
          If you have folks aggressive enough to fill in these blanks you have special assets. But you can appreciate having had a chapter every time you get together and have a good time. ... Good luck!

Comment

Thanks for the comments guys... In my mind it's not really work if you enjoy what your doing and it's fun. For the last month or so I've been spending at least two hours a night (after I get home from work) tying to get one of my bikes ready for the Sunshine Chapter meet this month. Someone said to me last week "you call that fun" and I thought about it for a minute and replied "yes, I guess it is fun".

Ric

Comment

Hey Ric,
              After a days work I refer to it as stress relief.......
              Chuck
              AMCA Member#1848

Comment

Dear Ric, good luck with your new Chapter. It only takes eight founder members to get started, and Fred Davis, our Director of Chapters, will give you a hand with the paperwork. 'More US Chapters' came top of the list of wants from our last Membership Survey, and there are still plenty of blank spaces to fill when you look at the AMCA Chapters on the map.

Comment

Hello Ric. Great to see that you have an interest in forming a new AMCA Chapter. Please, contact me by phone or email and I will send you an information packet regarding starting a new Chapter. The process if pretty easy, some paper work with AMCA, your State, and the Feds and eight AMCA National members willing to serve as the start up crew.
                  Fred Davis 419-929-0291 frednan3@aol.com
                  Fred Davis AMCA #9176

Comment

New AMCA Chapter

Thanks Steve and Fred for the comments. I've received all the paperwork and I'm now marketing the proposed new chapter (Gulf Coast) to the membership (and non-membership who would like to join) and the response has been positive... So far I have around 15 interested members for the new chapter and I'll be at the New Smyrna Beach, Florida meet this weekend showing two of my bikes (1917 J and 1934 VLD) and marketing the new chapter.

Ric

Comment

Greetings
                      I live in Baton Rouge, La. The closest chapters are the one in TNN and the one in Georgia, around 8 hours. What do you have in mind for a Gulf coast chapter?
                      Thanks You
                      MAx

Comment

Gulf Coast Chapter

We are still working out the details and we'll also schedule an organizational meeting with our interested members to finalize them. Pending approval from the interested members, the new chapter will be based out of the Tampa Bay, Florida area and we’ll welcome AMCA member from surrounding Gulf Coast states, heck, we'll welcome members from any state for that matter. I've been a member of the AMCA for 12 years now and always thought about starting a new chapter in our area - I just can't seem to get enough time with antique motorcycles (just ask my wife) and the more chapters we have the better. One of my goals with a new chapter is to attract existing AMCA member in the Gulf Coast areas, and just as important, figure out how we attract non-AMCA members and get them to become AMCA members and join our chapter - I really look forward to marketing and growing our club.

Comment

Dear Ric, the thing I've noticed about new Chapters is that, once started, they attract many non-AMCA members. There are still plenty of old bikes out there whose owners have not heard of the AMCA, or they are not members. A few activists with a new Chapter soon find them, and this is a great way to sustain and grow our Club.

Comment

Our new chapter application is complete and in the hands of Fred Davis (thanks for the phone call Fred) so now we wait for approval of the board to proceed to step two. We currently have 20 inaugural members and counting. Pretty exciting!

Comment

Looking forward to the first meeting Ric.
                              Eric Smith
                              AMCA #886

Comment

Working...
                              X