No announcement yet.

Corbin Speedometer's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here a Corbin that had water in it for a while. It cleaned up but I had to replace a few parts
    Attached Files

Comment

I have a gorgeous head... but no cable or gears to put a speedo on my '31 DL. Can you help me with the non-head parts?

Cheers,

Sirhr

PS Amazing pictures. Nice to see someone with the 'guts' to get into the guts of these thing.

Comment

Yes, I can help you with getting non-head parts. I make the cables, $200, ready to put on. Length is 30 1/2". It take a 92 tooth road gear, $200. Then you need the rear gear bracket and a right angle drive with fiber gear. $350. You may also need the head bracket. I am not sure which fits a DL.
        Even gorgeous head have been setting for 50 years, they can be rusty inside, they can have no grease.

Comment

Hello Terry super job on the speedo cable for my early servi car.Also the 1 knuckle-pan key switches. again thank you

Comment

Take a look at these DL speedometer parts. IMG_4915.jpgIMG_4908.jpgIMG_4909.jpgIMG_4910.jpgIMG_4912.jpg

Comment

New Corbin tool. This is the best way I have found to take a hard to take off a stuck adaptor. IMG_3248.jpgIMG_3249.jpgIMG_3250.jpgIMG_3251.jpg

Comment

I have on of those Ford monkey wrenches that I use quite frequently. Some tools just never get old.
                Eric Smith
                AMCA #886

Comment

This wrench is the one that is used on train air line connectors.
                  These are pictures of the tool that I made to repair the dial plate. Works good for me. IMG_5331.JPGIMG_5325.jpgIMG_5326.jpgIMG_5327.jpgIMG_5328.jpg

Comment

Hi, I am looking for a cable for my 1913-1919 Corbin speedometer thats on my 1920 Indian power plus. Do you know where I can find one ?
                    Thanks, Dave Helton amc # 21413

Comment

Hi Dave,
                      I make that cable. $200 for black IMG_9960.jpgIMG_9961.jpgIMG_9959.jpgor a nickel plated one for $275. marsh1915hd@msn.com

Comment

Hi Marsh, I would like to order a nickel plated cable. How do I send payment, and what types of payment do you take. I can do paypal if that will work for you. Thanks, Dave

Comment

Dave,
                          I will need to know the length you want? You have the head mound? You have the rear road gear on? You have the right angle drive and mount put on? The book said 31" but you need to check as there are many mounts and diffrent lengths. IMG_7467.jpg

Comment

Marsh, I have the 1913-1919 Corbin speedo mounted on the bike using the correct mount. I also have the Corbin angle drive with a new fiber drive gear and the Corbin rear road gear is mounted on the rear wheel. I measured the distance between the two and it is 31.5 inches from the ends of the speedo and drive where it screws on. Thanks , Dave

Comment

Terry, Do you have a speedo for sale that would work on a 1940 Indian Sport Scout?

Comment

Terry,

You cleaned and repaired the Corbin speedometer for my 1935 Harley VLD and also made a drive cable for it. That was back in 2005. It still works great. Thanks again!

-Mark

Comment

Working...
                                X