• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Corbin Speedometer Handlebar mount

Comment

Cable clip example

http://www.ebay.com/itm/VINTAGE-HARL...r#ht_500wt_922

Originally posted by Rod K View Post
      I have a 28 HD J-model with Corbin speedometer. I need a support bracket to keep the speedometer cable up off the tank top. Anyone have a picture of the correct bracket and where it it mounts. Any help appreciated...Rod

Comment

sswaney, thats kind of what I had in mind to make....thanks for the example..........Rod

Comment

This is 1946 - 1947 Indian Chief with correct rear drive.[IMG][/IMG]

Comment

I need any Corbin parts you may want to trade or sell.

Comment

I build these Corbins last week and they are now being put on motorcyles.

Comment

John Bordas in Denver sold me two old S&W speedometer testers the other day. Cool and I needed it.

Comment

Just finish this NICE ORIGNA Corbin

Comment

Hi Terry...What year or years would the above Corbin lighted speedometer be correct for...Thanks Rod

Comment

Rod they started making 100 MPH in 1928. Here a picture of a couple of speedometers I am working on.IMG_3487.jpg

Comment

Hi Terry

I got this Corbin head witj my 1936 Indian four, what's the best thing to do, change the face or look for an exchange speedometer

P1000631.JPGP1000633.JPG

also a picture of the original speedometer which came with my 1928 Indian Scout from Mexico

IMGP0289.jpg
                        Regards

Tim

'36 four. '44 Chief & sidecar. '28 Scout. '67 XLCH. '70 BSA. and a Guzzi...............

Comment

The Corbin you have was used from 1910 to 1923. It has a very rare face on it. You could change the face to make it correct for your year. The needle would have to be changed also. That would be the cheaps way to do it.
                          The correct speedometer for a 36 Indian 4 would be 160 Klm or 120 mph with Indian on the face. Maximum speed hand on all 36-37. The should have trip meter.
                          I would look for a correct speedometer.
                          Nice speedometers

Comment

So anyone finding any Corbin speedometer's? I would buy any parts you want to sell or trade for working on them. IMG_3281.jpgIMG_3266.jpgIMG_3268.jpgIMG_3269.jpgIMG_3270.jpgI have been busy working on them this winter. So if you need something done, e-mail me at marsh1915hd@msn.com
                            Terry Marsh

Comment

Very interesting thread! Thanks for the photos!
                              Jim

AMCA #6520

Comment

Grease to death!! This is a nice speedometer with good parts in it. BUT someone has grease it to the point that it will not work. The green stuff is where the grease reacted with the brass, not good.
                                The book said to use VASELINE ONLY!!! And not much!!IMG_4905.jpgIMG_4902.jpgIMG_4903.jpgIMG_4904.jpg

Comment

Working...
                                X