1904 marsh

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1904 marsh

Here are some pictures of my MARSH , I have two of them now and four motors. Well two of the motors are Marsh Metz's. I have and original gas tank and forks, front frame section. The one bike is in New Zeland the other one is in the Barber Museum.Take a look and my be you have some parts for this bike.

Looking at the one seat there, this may be period correct for your Marsh.
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=260908871075
    Bill Gilbert in Oregon

Comment

This is a Marsh? Looks like a 1923 Harley.
      Bill Gilbert in Oregon

Comment

wow nice gas tank. needs a paint job though!
        www.motorcyclecannonball.com

Comment

Did you see reprint of 1986 Marsh article in AMCA Winter issue?
          Bill Gilbert in Oregon

Comment

HI Bill, I did. I have the original and many reprints of sales catalogs. I also have an original operators manual.
            That frame is a 1915 HD that i am working on. How you doing with the 1923 frame?
            Yes, Lonnie that tank is the coolest tank it the world. Never in my wildest dream I would own and ORIGINAL Paint MARSH tank. 108 years old, wish it could talk. I found the original front fork and front frame from Dave M. so now I am going to build a original paint MARSH.
            Still need a carb.

Comment

Have any Marsh Metz twin stuff?

Comment

NO twin parts, but I have two singles for sale.

Comment

Off hand, I can't think of very many motorcycles from 1903 that are in origianl paint. Incredible piece Terry, and great to have your name on the tank.
                  Eric Smith
                  AMCA #886

Comment

Not getting much work done on the MARSH. Still looking for a carb. and trying to get the motors rebuild. Anyone have any parts for these bikes?

Comment

1904 Marsh

Marsh1915hd: Here are 2 pictures of an unknown make of engine I have. I posted pictures a year ago but was not successful in finding out what it is. After looking at the Marsh pictures you posted I see that the carb on my engine looks identical to the ones on the Marsh. The bosses on the crankcase to accept the cylinder studs look like the one on my crankcase. Mine only has 3 studs though. My crankcases are cast iron. The carb is also cast iron. Is the one on your engine iron or aluminum? Could my engine possibly be a very early Marsh? Tommystery engine 001.jpgmystery engine 002.jpg

Comment

It's very early but I don't think it's a Marsh. I see no way to mount it? But the top bolt. May be a bicycle motor, from 1800's. The carb looks very close. Metz lived down the road from the Marsh brothers and made there carbs. This looks like one of his carb.

Comment

Ask Jon Szalay.

Comment

There are 3 holes on the bottom of the crankcase. I presume that was for the bottom mount. I will send pictures to Jon. Tom

Comment

Also the engine pully takes a 1" wide belt which is probably bigger than what would be used for a bicycle. Tom

Comment

Working...
                              X