Link to Library??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Link to Library??

Probably just me, but where did the link go to the library? When I go to the main page I don't see it. Didn't it used to be there? If I now go to features, then members stories or videos, I see it at the top, but when I click on it it just says 'Forbidden-I don't have access'. It doesn't even give me a chance to sign in. What gives, just me or changes? Thanks. Bob AMCA# 6738
    Bob Rice #6738

Bob,

It's got something to do with the library being on a different server than the forum and something is out of whack with it. There's a thread around here somewhere regarding the subject. It sounds as though we will be without a library until it gets sorted out.
    Cory Othen
    Membership#10953

Comment

Go to Features, then Merchandise and then it is in the top middle of the page.

Comment

Dewey! Can you actually get to the library this way? When I do it,I get the forbidden message.
        Cory Othen
        Membership#10953

Comment

Shoot....last time I did I could get to it, but not now. Sorry about that.

Comment

OK, I did some investigating and came up with this link... http://vintagemotorcyclelibrary.com/

But unfortunately when I got there I got this...

The AMCA Library site is currently undergoing maintenance check back weekly!

So I guess I'll check back weekly.

Comment

Yeah... what the hell? The library didn't used to be on a different site.

The menu choice has been removed from the AMCA site. However, the "Tour the site" page on the main AMCA site has a link to where the virtual library was, but it's broke:

http://www.antiquemotorcycle.org/ind...irtual-library

It gives a default "404" message ("Not Found, The requested URL was not found on this server.").

So then I tried the other link posted on September 25th:

http://vintagemotorcyclelibrary.com/

But that still says the same thing ("The AMCA Library site is currently undergoing maintenance check back weekly!")

So... it's now three weeks later.

Anyone have any facts to explain this un-notified and sudden disappearance and dysfunction?

Anyone know when this will be restored?

Thanks

Comment

I just triad to get on, the link appears to be broken

Comment

Here's an update on the library progress. The library was built on different software and on a different server than the main AMCA site. The links from this site took you to that other server. That software had serious problems, and was being hacked on a regular basis, taking the library down for days to weeks at a time.

Our web developer is working to move the entire library from the old, broken software, to new software--the same as the merchandise page here. That also means moving it from that other server to the same server as the main site. So he's essentially rebuilding the whole thing in a new location.

He tells me that's going well, and he expects to have the new, improved library in operation by the end of the month. We'll have notification of that as soon as it happens.

Bill Wood

Comment

Thanks Bill,
                    Greatly appreciated!
                    Robbie
                    Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

Thanks Bill! That ought to save some wondering!!
                      Cory Othen
                      Membership#10953

Comment

Thanks for the update, will look forward to it. Bob #6738
                        Bob Rice #6738

Comment

Any updates on this?

If I read Bill Wood's message of October 17th correctly, it was expected to have the library up and running a week ago.

Comment

Mark:

Here's the update. I talked to the web developer late last week, and of course, there were unexpected problems, which I guess should always be expected on this kind of project. He's overcome those issues now and has a test library in operation. I've seen it and tried it, and everything appears to work. He's now migrating all of the documents from the old library into the new version.

So it's close--really, really close. And I'm officially out of the prediction business. I hope to have news to post here very soon.

Bill Wood

Comment

The link is still not working. :-(
                              Be sure to visit;
                              http://www.vintageamericanmotorcycles.com/main.php
                              Be sure to register at the site so you can see large images.
                              Also be sure to visit http://www.caimag.com/forum/

Comment

Working...
                              X