• Show
Clear All

• Bike id?

Anyone got an idea what bike this is?

Is the second bike a Jefferson?

Sverre
    AMcN
    http://AmericanMotorcyclesNorway.blogspot.com
    And then there is the idea that we are here on earth to get a certain amount of things done before we die.
    This is a great theory.
    If it is true, I am so far behind that I will never die...

AMCA-3489

Hey Sverre!!

The first bike has Marsh Metz characteristics but I can't say for sure. The second one is definitely a Jefferson!!!! Do you know where that photo was taken?
    Cory Othen
    Membership#10953

Comment

Hi Cory, those pics and a few more could be found at sandiegohistory.org. I had not seen any of those before and found both interresting, the first one indeed.

Regards
      Sverre
      http://AmericanMotorcyclesNorway.blogspot.com
      And then there is the idea that we are here on earth to get a certain amount of things done before we die.
      This is a great theory.
      If it is true, I am so far behind that I will never die...

AMCA-3489

Comment

That group of guys make even the toughest of bikers look like school marms.

Comment

Originally posted by rigb View Post
          Yup, those racers were a rough and tumble bunch.... dig the smirk on the dude seated on the Jefferson.... he knew he had the fastest bike...
          Cory Othen
          Membership#10953

Comment

Originally posted by rigb View Post
            Originally posted by c.o. View Post
            Yup, those racers were a rough and tumble bunch.... dig the smirk on the dude seated on the Jefferson.... he knew he had the fastest bike...
            You guys got that right! Makes me want to upchuck every time I hear that the bad boy biker is a post-WWII phenomenon. But as we now know it goes back to the origin of the beast itself (1869 or 1894 depending on how you cut it.)

I'd also like to know where this photo was taken. The Jefferson is one of my all-time favorites. Note too the sign "Red Devil" which appears to be part of the 3rd bike in line.

Where's PEM? He would love to see this hot Jefferson!
            Last edited by HarleyCreation; 07-07-2011, 02:17 PM.
            Herbert Wagner
            AMCA 4634
            =======
            The TRUE beginnings of the Harley-Davidson Motor Co.

Comment

Working...
            X