No announcement yet.

Cyclemotor Corporation , Rochester NY

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello Cory , here's my 1904 James H. Smith , made in Camberley Surrey (S-W of London) bicycle parts are BSA and engine a German Fafnir , a lovely ride , I only use it for about 6 runs a year but enjoy every mile , great fun , pedal away , drop the valve lifter and away you go !! Thanks for the web sites too .
    Louie , a friend of mine has an Evans supplied from Stocks of Germany , I know Cyclemotors made Evans but also supplied the engines as an attachment for other makes , would be nice to see more pics of them !
    Thanks , Ken
    Attached Files
    Ken

Comment

I thought that BSA only made arms prior to WWI?
      Be sure to visit;
      http://www.vintageamericanmotorcycles.com/main.php
      Be sure to register at the site so you can see large images.
      Also be sure to visit http://www.caimag.com/forum/

Comment

Hello Chris , BSA made cycles and cycle parts to take various engines from other makers before eventually making complete motorcycles from 1910 with a 30.50 sidevalve machine , Ken
        Ken

Comment

Ken, I like it!!! It looks like there's a lot going on there. I'm betting there's a knack to learn to piloting that rig! Thanks for the pics!!! I'll search for some more Cyclemotor shots...
          Cory Othen
          Membership#10953

Comment

Yes Cory , the same knack as with any bike !! just get on and ride !! BUT the first few short rides , I thought I was mad to buy such a terrible , unmanagable machine but after a while I got to love it and now find it so easy , just like riding a bike !! and have been riding it now for 21 years and want to for another 21 or more !! I Love riding old bikes and when I do , my mind goes blank with modern day hussle and bussle and I am piloted back in time to a much slower pace of life and I like it !!! and the only thing better than riding my old bike is (apart from that) riding with friends on similar machines on quiet country lanes !! Great !
            Ken

Comment

Ken, now you've really got me longing for spring! I too get an old time feeling while out riding. My '48 takes me back to the '40's. I can't wait to get the Powerplus done to see where that takes me!
              Cory Othen
              Membership#10953

Comment

Cory , now my turn , how about some pics of the Powerplus , I'm sure when you get to ride it , it will take you back in time with lotsa smiles , hope you enjoy it ! What's the '48 ?
                Ken

Comment

Ken! At risk of really sidetracking the thread... the '48 is one of those modern OHV Harleys. The Powerplus has got a ways to go but one day it'll have life in it!

http://www.antiquemotorcycle.org/bbo...1916-Powerplus
                  Last edited by c.o.; 02-06-2011, 07:15 PM.
                  Cory Othen
                  Membership#10953

Comment

Oh , of course , I remember that peach of a machine (the Powerplus not the modern OHV) Real sweet , I sometimes ride with a friend on his 1919 Powerplus and it's a lovely running bike , I really like the pre 1920 American bikes most ! Hope you keep us posted when you get round to putting life back in it , Ken
                    Ken

Comment

Ken I'm glad you're going with original patina look. Great project. I have played with teen bikes since 1973 and have been to England many times. I have always dreamed of going on the London to Brit... run since that time. Even my wife knows the day will come. I will have to stay in touch with you because retirement for me will be in 2 years. If you ever here of a great pre 15 bike for sale just before the run and I can afford it I might be able to come over and do the run once. 18 times...man you are a lucky man.
                      Ross

Comment

Hello Ross , the London to Brighton Run is one of those runs one has to do each year and after 18 runs , I cannot stop now , till I drop !!!! The run itself is not that great (only50miles) being on roads quite busy with other traffic , either coming to see us or just going down to Brighton or other sea side resort but the atmosphere both at the start at Epsom Downs and the finish at Brighton is great , with over 360 pre 1915 bikes parked on the sea front , even some American bikes take part , many Indians , Harley , Excelsior , Flying Merkel , Pearce , Thor , even a Thomas Auto Bi one year , meeting old friends , making new ones talking bikes !!! tis a wonderful day out . I do many other runs on much better roads and much quieter and can put my mind in the early 1900's , great ! There are many pre 1915 bikes for sale IF you have a good bank ballance !! I know of 1911 Pearce at a mere 85,000 euros , 1908 Reading Standard , only 45,000 euros , REX 22,500 euros !!
                        but they can be found much cheaper , most common being Triumphs and Douglas machines , I can send a few web sites if you like ?? just a friendly note - IF you want to buy the Pearce , I don't mind looking after it for you -- or for anyone else for that matter !!!! Happy riding , Ken
                        Ken

Comment

Are these of any interest?
                          Attached Files
                          Peter Thomson, a.k.a. Tommo
                          A.M.C.A. # 2777
                          Palmerston North, New Zealand.

Comment

One more that wouldn't load with the others.
                            Attached Files
                            Peter Thomson, a.k.a. Tommo
                            A.M.C.A. # 2777
                            Palmerston North, New Zealand.

Comment

Hello Tommo , Many thanks for them , great adverts , love the last one 165miles per gallon !!! and that's an American gallon which equates to , oh wow 206 miles per gallon with an English gallon !!! and at about £6 per gallon (you don't realise how lucky you are over there !!!) (£6 is $9.65 !!!) , Ken
                              Ken

Comment

cyclemotor

Ken
                                Finally got to scan some pages

cm 0.jpgcyclemotor.jpgcm1.jpgcm02.jpg
                                Chuck
                                AMCA Member#1848

Comment

Working...
                                X