"J-A-P" There, I said it!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Milrite View Post
    Well that is good to hear!!! I know when we feel like we are getting too much of the white stuff, we just turn on the news from Buffalo and we get instant relief! Man, do they get some snow off the lake! We get nothing compared to those folks...
    Buffalo always make the news about the snow, but where I am south of them we seem to "collect" more snow than them.
    I can remember during the blizzard of 77 I was with my cousin contracting through the city we were towing abandoned cars and trucks so they could attempt to clear the streets in Buffalo and down this side street, there was a couple of guys pushing a 750 honda through the drifts
    Chuck
    AMCA Member#1848

Comment

here is a test: japanese, hope this is fixed

YES!!!!! it works, now we can tell people about the other bikes without big brother censoring it
      Last edited by kval; 11-28-2010, 10:12 PM.
      Kevin Valentine 13
      EX-Chief Judge

Comment

Thanks, Kevin! "I was sure that the JAP 1-liter v-twin engine laying there on the ground was from 1930 Brough-Superior. It was almost hidden under a Japanese Yamaha's gastank and other Japanese parts littered that swapmeeters' space."
        Yeah! Okay!
        Gerry Lyons #607
        http://www.37ul.com/
        http://flatheadownersgroup.com/

Comment

9447757436.jpgWell .... i didn't really pay too much attention to the thread...but the JAP i know of spelled with capital letters is the engine attached.

Comment

Kev

You're a star. Who are these pratts that decide they can censor our speech???!!! Dam it all, what happened to the right of free speech? If I want to talk about the 1912 JAP engine in my 1912 Royal Enfield, I get extremely pissed off to see the J.A. Prestwich title replaced with '*' marks. Who are these people that prejudge what we right and talk about? But then... what are we doing with Japanese bikes in an 'ANTIQUE' Motorcycle Club of America anyway??? post 1960 is, in my opinion, not antique in any way, shape or form. It is enough I think that the club stretches post war up to 1960... but there should be A cut off date. Not an ever changing one, a date that applies to the world of motorcycles - like veteran to the end of the 1st world war, 1918; vintage to the end of 1931; post vintage 1931 to 1939, post war to 1945 and classic up to 1960. Hence a 1960 cut off date. These period dates relate to the development of the motorcycle, from pioneering days when roads were rough, to vintage when roads were improving with the vehicles being used on them, to post vintage when all went to saddle tanks and foot change transmissions or gearboxes, post vintage when bikes changed their look again, to the classic days of telescopic forks and total enclosures. Japanese extends beyond these categories and needs a modern bike club... not an antique club to belong to.

It just helps that these types decided to censor us, helps to show there is a difference.... some things belong elsewhere.

Originally posted by kval View Post
            here is a test: japanese, hope this is fixed

YES!!!!! it works, now we can tell people about the other bikes without big brother censoring it
            Michael Voice
            Membership Number 10556

Comment

I completely agree with you Michael. An "antique" motorcycle club has to stand for something and I think a line has to be drawn in the sand. However, there are two vocal camps in the AMCA. One group wants to focus on the past, and the other wants an elastic club that includes everything. I'm sure this has been an issue for every antique hobby club in the world.
              Eric Smith
              AMCA #886

Comment

This subject has been chased around and around but I'd have to say (even if it isn't necessarily popular!) that I'd have to agree with Michael and Eric.
                Cory Othen
                Membership#10953

Comment

I am a newbie here as it is sometimes called in Forums, none the less as a new US citizen and a New member of AMCA i will give my reasons for joining this group . First i belong to a few custom / chop shop forums and they have their place (like it or not) i also belong to a few 2 stroke /Moped groups (Mostly vintage 60' thru the 80's) , then i belong to a few Asian Bike racing forums (mostly small displacement stuff upto 125cc) . I joined the AMCA , paid my dues because i beleive (wish to continue to do so) that the AMCA offers a unique place within the motorcycle world it is a forum and a club for Antique Motorcycles owners/builders/admirers/etc... I Joined this group because it is about Motrcycles from the early 1900's to the late 1950..maybe a few in the 60's as we move along in the 10's in which we are in now....none the less, i also joined because i beleived that this forum was open to all brands and origins as long as they were of a certain age. I did not join thinking i was joining an all American Antique Motorcycle group(they are plenty of those out there)...perhaps some if not all of us at times forget why we join these Clubs or Groups , it is because we all share a common interest...in this case Antique Motorcycles .... if i have offended some i am sorry but there are amazing motorcycles thru out the world and for myself at least i will support the preservation and interest in all Antique Motorcycles for those who may follow when we are gone.

Comment

I believe the AMCA members do a good job of representing the world's antique motorcycle. I wish it was better because I, like many other members like all motorcycles and I love to learn more about antique bikes from Europe and Asia. For me though, the operative word is ANTIQUE.
                    Eric Smith
                    AMCA #886

Comment

[QUOTE=exeric;112566]I believe the AMCA members do a good job of representing the world's antique motorcycle. I wish it was better because I, like many other members like all motorcycles and I love to learn more about antique bikes from Europe and Asia. For me though, the operative word is ANTIQUE.[/QUOTE

I fully Agree.

Comment

Working...
                      X