Sidecar Forum Section?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yesssssssss!!!

It looks great Cory how does the frame and related parts look? Does it have a windshield or the cover interior looks good from what I can see
    If I remember all the mounts were still on the bike,speaking of the bike hows it doing?

Oh another good thing about sidecars, when you want to ride to a swap meet you will have room for a little extra "stuff" that you bring home
    Chuck
    AMCA Member#1848

Comment

Originally posted by kval View Post
      Chuck
      I am in the process of getting us a complete new web site now.
      the big thing is whoever gets the contract, they MUST NOT lose anything from the forum. I will check about adding a spot for "sidecars & riding them" when we figure out who has the winning bid for the job.
      Kevin, Why are you revamping the web site. Seems to work oki-doki just the way it is. Just get rid of that practice posting thing and put in the side-car slot.
      AMCA #3149
      http://www.thegoodoldmotorcyclepartscompany.com

Comment

Originally posted by exeric View Post
        Fantastic Cory ! You and your family will have a lot of fun with it. By the way, what year is it ?
        I think your right Eric. I think there will be a few folks with grins on their faces when they co-pilot in the sidehack... What year is it? Got me.... I don't know much about these rigs but if I get enough info posted here I'm sure someone will be able to help me figure it out.
        Cory Othen
        Membership#10953

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck#1848 View Post
          It looks great Cory how does the frame and related parts look? Does it have a windshield or the cover interior looks good from what I can see
          If I remember all the mounts were still on the bike,speaking of the bike hows it doing?

Oh another good thing about sidecars, when you want to ride to a swap meet you will have room for a little extra "stuff" that you bring home
          Here's a shot of the frame. It's in pretty good shape really. It does not have a windshield or cover. Are you digging the "foot" step? I did pick up a correct step off a friend of mine at the West Coast swap a couple of weeks ago. How good are you at putting a year on these things? I know I saw numbers on the frame but I've yet to record them.

Funny thing about the extra room thing... I've already been contemplating that....

Last edited by c.o.; 05-10-2010, 10:08 PM. Reason: forgot the danged pic........
          Cory Othen
          Membership#10953

Comment

Cory, There should be a number on the frame tube near the left side leaf spring "U" bolts. It would be preceeded by "LE" , the year, followed by it's number. Also, there should be an oval shaped brass plate in the seat area in the tub with (I think) the same #. For what it's worth, I have never seen a sidecar and bike with matching years. I know there are probably many that do match but there are a lot of logical reasons why they wouldn't match. The sidecar on my '51FL was a '47.
            Eric Smith
            AMCA #886

Comment

Cory,

Was there any sort of history that came with the bike and sidecar?

The serial number on the frame will have the year the sidecar was made, and providing that the body was originally from the factory with the frame if not there should be a metal tag as well in the sidecar body but those are usually missing or removed idealy it would be really great to have a 48-xxxx number to mate to the bike.

The underside of the body towards the front has it been damaged? I have seen a fair amount of them that came a bit to close to something and dented the nose of the sidecar the underside of it or both.
              Chuck
              AMCA Member#1848

Comment

Cory,

Interesting foot step so by picking up a step earlier there was a plan in the making

There was a pair(2) of 65 pans with sidecars both matching in color and add on's at Oley this year a bit pricey but interesting story behind them.
                Last edited by Chuck#1848; 05-11-2010, 05:26 AM. Reason: I have CRS
                Chuck
                AMCA Member#1848

Comment

Originally posted by exeric View Post
                  Cory, There should be a number on the frame tube near the left side leaf spring "U" bolts. It would be preceeded by "LE" , the year, followed by it's number. Also, there should be an oval shaped brass plate in the seat area in the tub with (I think) the same #. For what it's worth, I have never seen a sidecar and bike with matching years. I know there are probably many that do match but there are a lot of logical reasons why they wouldn't match. The sidecar on my '51FL was a '47.
                  Eric.... I guess I shoulda wiped the grime off the numbers and actually had a good look at them. If I had of I wouldn't have had to ask for help... Anyway it turns out that the hack is a 1950. Your mention of mismatched hacks rings true again.
                  Cory Othen
                  Membership#10953

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck#1848 View Post
                    Cory,

Was there any sort of history that came with the bike and sidecar?

The serial number on the frame will have the year the sidecar was made, and providing that the body was originally from the factory with the frame if not there should be a metal tag as well in the sidecar body but those are usually missing or removed idealy it would be really great to have a 48-xxxx number to mate to the bike.

The underside of the body towards the front has it been damaged? I have seen a fair amount of them that came a bit to close to something and dented the nose of the sidecar the underside of it or both.
                    The guy couldn't offer me much info other than the bike came from my chunk of the country prior to his acquisition. He yarded it apart to paint it and some bits and pieces were lost (of which I'm still gathering). Other than that.. that's all I got for info. I took a quick look and couldn't find the tag you mentioned. The tub is actually in pretty good shape (it doesn't look like anybody crunched it). I did notice however that when the backrest is pulled ahead that the bottom of the tub is a little "squishy" in the back. As for the bike itself. I'm actively trying to budget enough time to dive into it. I'll hopefully get a bit of time this weekend and if all things work out I can likely see if it'll fire....
                    Cory Othen
                    Membership#10953

Comment

Any ideas fellas? I'm guessing pre-20 Indian possibly a Princess?

Last edited by c.o.; 05-14-2010, 12:44 AM.
                      Cory Othen
                      Membership#10953

Comment

whoa!!!that got the heart racing man.

Comment

Yup, this feller I've been dealin' with is really dredgin' stuff up!
                          Cory Othen
                          Membership#10953

Comment

too cool man are ya gonna go get er??

Comment

I think he's keepin' this one.... I'm done makin' that drive for awhile.
                              Cory Othen
                              Membership#10953

Comment

lol i guess eh high pace road trips like that and youll never want to sit in that pick up again eh??

Comment

Working...
                                X