No announcement yet.

Pierce Clone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Louie, looks good to me. I would be proud of it if I had done it, I bet it was a real learning experience. How does it work going down the road? is it fun to ride. I bet it would give you just a glimpse into what those guys who built those really early machines might have experienced. Does the belt work alright? seems like the American belt drives on the Cannonball were not up to it. Atleast compared to Katrin's - spelling, JAP powerd machine.

Comment

Well, Like I said Louie, its a great little invention, but its a toy. If what you've made is compared to a Pierce, I may as well claim that my BSA is a Cyclone. It is what it is, a great invention, a great toy, but its new... even if made out out of old parts. Its not a repro frame made around an original Pierce engine, which I would say, "great, its not all original, but it is a Pierce". Even I would build an original looking frame to go around a Pierce engine if I had one... but they are rare.
      Now we can build toys, but they are toys. Should we encourage these 'Timeless' machines...? I won't. Bring out the Miami! Bring out the HD! These are REAL antique motorcycles, whether had parts made for them or not. Your toy is great, but not everyone in the club will support 'Clone' machines that are nothing like the original. I'm not a wealthy man either, I spend many years looking for parts and my bikes are built from the rustiest parts that most in the club would consider 'too hard' or simply a waste of time.

Enjoy your toy, it looks like a fun bike to play with, I'm just discouraging the other guys who seem to be saying that things like this should be out with and compared alongside the antique bikes.

P.S. Yeah, there was a Pierce at the Banbury run over here in the UK a couple of years ago.
      Last edited by Michael.Voice; 12-12-2010, 09:26 AM. Reason: note:
      Michael Voice
      Membership Number 10556

Comment

Working...
      X