Pierce Clone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pierce Clone

I started about a year and a half ago building a homebuilt clone of a 1910Pierce. It's getting close to being finished. It got a 1936 Wisconsin AB motor, comet torque converter, Model A Ford control pedals, and belt drive to the rear wheel. Most of the bike is made out of stainless steel. It will be named the "Peace" and have decal like the Pierce when complete. Look for it at next years meets.
    Attached Files
    Louie
    FaceBook >>>Modern Antique Cycle
    Blog Site >>> http://louiemcman.blogspot.com/
    YouTube >>> LouieMCman

I've been wondering about that project Louie. Your doing a helluva job! I've got somewhat of a clone replica floating around in my head. You've got my gears turning in regard to doing something about it!! Thanks for posting your progress...
    Cory Othen
    Membership#10953

Comment

That is quite cool Louie, looking good. I bet it will be a blast to ride.

Comment

Just about done. Rides good, still working out bugs on the front fender and need to replace the rear drive gear with smaller. Pictures really suck but here they are....
        Attached Files
        Louie
        YouTube >>> LouieMCman

Comment

I'm diggin' it!! Good job man!! Peace!
          Cory Othen
          Membership#10953

Comment

Specs and more pics

Some of the specs....It is a clone on a 1910 Pierce single. Frame is 3" stainless steel tubing, motor is 1936 Wisconsin AB, Comet torque converter, air from fan is routed through frame and blows on front of motor cylinder, homemade sprung front end, drum brakes front and rear, final belt drive, homemade stainless steel handlebars, rod control throttle through four linkages to carb, stainless steel velocity stack intake, Ford model A throttle and brake pedals, custom kill switch lever through rear downtube, homemade SS luggage rack, lexan primary cover, and diamond plate running boards.
            Ya, I know the pictures suck....
            Attached Files
            Louie
            YouTube >>> LouieMCman

Comment

The pics aren't that bad.... Louie, you've got me inspired once again with my project (which is still only assembled in my mind ) Ya did a good job man. I'll be that PEACE of yours is a hoot to ride!
              Cory Othen
              Membership#10953

Comment

Just like Cory, I'm building one in my mind too. Beautiful work Louie. It's obvious you have a lot of time and effort into it.
                Eric Smith
                AMCA #886

Comment

Hey, why not run that in the Cannonball? It's got about the same amount of mods that the rest of the "vintage" bikes are going to have!

Comment

That is very cool, man great work. I would be very proud of that machine, hope its as much fun to ride as it looks to be. Very cool !

Comment

Originally posted by Barry Brown View Post
                      Hey, why not run that in the Cannonball? It's got about the same amount of mods that the rest of the "vintage" bikes are going to have!
                      I don't think that is very accurate, Barry. I know quite a few guys that are riding bone-stock machines, with the exception of lighting. There is a small minority that are riding modified machines, and a few that will have completely repro machines except for the motor. I am cool with any of them... You should ride your '13 HD! It would be a great machine for the event.

Comment

OK, I found out I couldn't take pictures in the sun with my camera, too much wash out. If you saw this bike in Eustis you may have seen the front fork support bracket broke. Well I found a much stronger collar to weld it to and all is well again, I even finished the front fender. So these are the final pictures. Enjoy. Peace!
                        Attached Files
                        Louie
                        YouTube >>> LouieMCman

Comment

Man that bike looks like fun! I'll even bet it's pretty comfortable too!
                          Cory Othen
                          Membership#10953

Comment

Congrats on your invention... but I have to ask the question especially of the other guys on this thread, do you really think a 2010 invention belongs in a strictly over 30 years old club environment/rally. I mean, great for what it is, but it is new... literally, and the only remote link to old antique motorcycles is the idea behind it.

Peace and may it never rain on your ride

Michael
                            Michael Voice
                            Membership Number 10556

Comment

Hey I know it's just a toy made out of junk in my garage, but the motor is a 1936 (74 years old) Wisconsin AB and the pedals are Ford model A. And it's not just the parts, it's the engineering, try and make a frame and front end from scratch. I feel it's pretty easy to bolt any old bike together that's already been together. Or even make a new part from an old one, but made a pile of parts from scratch that all fit together and WORK together.
                              I don't know if you ever make it across the pond and to the meets but alot of people know my 1920 HD original paint bike that I've won many field events with the last few years and my '16 Miami that I ride around at a lot of meets. I have bikes from every decade that I purchased many years ago but may never be able to afford any more. Alas I'm not a wealthy man so I build junk out of my garage, besides have you ever saw a Pierce riding around at a meet? I've been a member since 1984 and never have.
                              Peace (as in piece of S***)
                              Louie
                              YouTube >>> LouieMCman

Comment

Working...
                              X