sidecars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sidecars

sidecars used to be popular. there are some great photos on this site www.cyclesidecars.com
    Last edited by flat-happy; 06-08-2009, 08:16 PM.

Use to be?

Heck they are still popular and seem to be making a come back I have been running sidecars for 17 years now first on a 72 flh then on a 01 roadglide and love them working on a 30 VL that will be getting a hack as well.
    Chuck
    AMCA Member#1848

Comment

I put my first hack on my '58 FLH back in 1969. Haven't been without one since.
      Be sure to visit;
      http://www.vintageamericanmotorcycles.com/main.php
      Be sure to register at the site so you can see large images.
      Also be sure to visit http://www.caimag.com/forum/

Comment

I am putting a hack together with a 92 flt. I hope it is as much fun as my servicar. They just can't be beat for hauling groceries. I often wondered if they are as squirly as the trike. HMMMMM maybe even more squirly.

Comment

Squirly is good!!! YES?

Originally posted by servicardenise View Post
          I am putting a hack together with a 92 flt. I hope it is as much fun as my servicar. They just can't be beat for hauling groceries. I often wondered if they are as squirly as the trike. HMMMMM maybe even more squirly.
          Hi Denise,

What I would say is watch the right handers at speed when turning right shift your weight across the seat towards the sidecar this helps in keeping the wheel of the sidecar on the ground some people use "ballast" or weight in the car I use to use a 5 gallon collapsable water jug in the begeinig of my hacking days.

Next is to be sure that the sidecar and bike are properly alligned just like a front end alignment of your car you are doing the same with the bike and hack if not you will grind up a rear tire in no time it really isn't that hard to do the idea of 3/4" toe in is crazy each bike and sidecar is a little different currently I am running about 1/4" toe in on a 2001 roadglide with a california sidecar double wide sidecar,yes it can and has held two people the daughter and also the wife when it rains a little to hard.

My daughter has been in a sidecar since she was 2 years old and we have done a fair amount of traveling through the years she's 19 now.

For more information on sidecars go to www.sidecar.com and ask away, I am the Northeast regional director for the USCA I am always on here and there also,there are plenty of people that can help you through anything in getting the flt married to the sidecar and adjusted safely and properly.
          Last edited by Chuck#1848; 06-10-2009, 07:40 PM.
          Chuck
          AMCA Member#1848

Comment

My first hack

photo of my first sidecar 72 flh and a 66 sidecar photo taken july 4 of 94 use to go to the feed mill in town for chicken feed and toss the 50# bag in the sidecar the looks I use to get I put 158000 miles on that combo...................still wish I never got rid of them
            Attached Files
            Chuck
            AMCA Member#1848

Comment

Here are some photos I have collected through the years:

George Tinkham
              Springfield, IL
              www.virmc.com
              AMCA # 1494
              1941 Indian 841
              1948 Indian Chief
              1956 H-D KHK
              1960 CH
              1964 BMW R69S
              1966 Honda Touring Benly (aka "150 Dream")
              1984 Moto Guzzi V65Sp

Comment

Working...
              X