No announcement yet.

Forum category for accessories

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i had one of these on a panhead one time----it sounds awsome---i couldn't find a picture of it on the bike nut i welded in a bushing with a pipe thread and an elbow and mounted it parallel to and on top of the muffler. ebay number

Comment

I also would like to be a newbie that says the Accessories forum would be an excellent addition.

For instance, I'm interested in info on the "Wolfe Safety Wheels" and General Tire Dual-10 tires "with squeegee action". Have a couple adds and articles from 1938-40 issues of the AMA mag "Motorcyclist" but no other.

Clint

Comment

The AMCA is a club dedicated to history. Motorcycle accessories are a part of that history. I think any and all information on motorcycle accessories should be collected and made available to old bike restorers and enthusiasts.
        As to "acceptable" on restorations: The AMCA judging handbook has a few things to say about that. Kevin Valentine can clear up any questions.
        My opinion is that any accessory available the year the bike was made
        (including those available before the bike was made) are acceptable, but any accessory that came on to the market AFTER the bike was made is historically incorrect. But that is just my opinion.

Comment

I agree

A catagory on Period Accessories would be good.

Steve Klein
          AMCA Member 12176
          Texas USA
          Steve Klein
          Collector . Conservator . Enthusiast
          American Pre-teens - 1965
          AMCA Member 12176
          Cherokee Chapter President, Editor
          www.CherokeeAMCA.org
          Steve@SteveKlein.com
          Georgetown, TX USA

Comment