Mystery tool

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mystery tool

Many years ago I bought a truckload from an old Harley dealer. Lots of parts and tools. But there is one tool I have never been able to identify. Anybody have any idea what this thing is?
    Be sure to visit;
    http://www.vintageamericanmotorcycles.com/main.php
    Be sure to register at the site so you can see large images.
    Also be sure to visit http://www.caimag.com/forum/

its a pen (with some strange tool above it)
    Moose
    aka Glenn

Comment

Originally posted by Glenn View Post
      its a pen (with some strange tool above it)
      Thanks Moose.

I needed a little chuckle this morning.

Everybody have a GREAT day !!
      Rick Morsher, aka Earl
      AMCA #1905

Comment

Unsure myself, guessing

Just looking at it from one angle the T end looks like it may fit into and over a threaded handlebar end. The other piece since I can't tell from one angle either does it mate and work with the T end in any way? Curious myself. There must be lists/pictures of tools used somewhere that can be compared. I'm no help. Keep riding them, Merlin in Pa.

Comment

looks like something for a light weight. a 125 or 165. The one part looks almost like a crankpin pilot.
          Brian Howard AMCA#5866

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Haynes View Post
            Many years ago I bought a truckload from an old Harley dealer. Lots of parts and tools. But there is one tool I have never been able to identify. Anybody have any idea what this thing is?
            Did you ever figure out what it is? Can you repost a photo? I'm curious what it looks like.
            Fletcher Clark Johnston
            AMCA #282

Comment

I don't see a photo of the "mystery tool" and may embarrass myself by blindly guessing, but is there any chance the mystery tool is a wrench for demountable rear wheel screws?
              Fletcher Clark Johnston
              AMCA #282

Comment

External photo-hosting sux, Folks!

Just upload to this forum direct, and it will survive for posterity.

....Cotten
                PS: And you won't have to pay!
                Attached Files
                Last edited by T. Cotten; 05-28-2020, 12:39 PM.
                AMCA #776
                Dumpster Diver's Motto: Seek,... and Ye Shall Find!

Comment

I am curious to know what the mystery tool looked like and whether the mystery was ever solved, but see now that my guess may have been naive. For a second, I thought that the mystery tool may be tool number 8 in the first image below (because I didn't recall seeing anything else that was as small and otherwise looked like that). But, I see now that tool number 8 may be the exact same wrench that is described in 1936 material below (e.g., as "11815-35 - Wheel lug screws" and as a 45 and 61 wheel lug wrench and demountable wheel wrench). And, I'm pretty sure that Chris knows anything and everything remotely related to 1936 by heart.

Photo 1:

Photo 2:

[END]
                  Fletcher Clark Johnston
                  AMCA #282

Comment

Working...
                  X