1957 XL bolts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1957 XL bolts

I have a lot of 1035 cp on the bike but when i look up some of the numbers on Old dudes site it shows of them as 1038cp Is there both or just 1 or the other. I am working to have as a 100 point or a close as i can .

Thanks
    Jeff
    Last edited by jmanjeff; 06-15-2008, 08:26 PM.
    Jeff Bowles
    Arkansas
    Membership # 14023
    1957 Sportster

Didn't the 1035 bolts disappear about 1950? I would think they would be incorrect for even an early Sportster.
    VPH-D

Comment

That is what i am trying to find out i have about 75% 1035 and 10% 1038 and the rest no markings or new stuff

Jeff
      Jeff Bowles
      Arkansas
      Membership # 14023
      1957 Sportster

Comment

Depends on the bolt. the front case bolt on a big twin is a 1035 out to the mid 50's till they were all used up. Could see some war surplus from the 45 models lasting longer. Although I don't know offhand what bolts on a 45 weren't used on a big twin. Sounds like a good research project for someone else. I'll be interested in the findings.
        Brian
        Brian Howard AMCA#5866

Comment

I'm not as familiar with Sporty hardware as I wish I was, but ???? Non marked head bolts were normally factory produced hardware. CP hardware were farmed out, by HD, to help production needsa. Paps

Comment

Working...
          X