No announcement yet.

*** Cleveland Motorcycle Information Needed ***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No problem Tom! I'm pretty sure though that there was an article in the club mag on the Cleveland that made it into the U.S. motorcycle stamp collection. Oh, and have you seen this?

http://americanhistory.si.edu/onthem...bject_306.html
    Cory Othen
    Membership#10953

Comment

Cory,

I haven't seen this before. I just saved it to my collection. Again, Thanks!

Tom
      Tom Gray

Comment

You betcha........... here's another random search..........

http://www.olsens.no/motorcykle/cleveland1.htm
        Cory Othen
        Membership#10953

Comment

NICE.... Thanks!
          Tom Gray

Comment

Hello Tom , Rod and other Cleveland two stroke ?lovers? , was there any luck with the Ted Hodgdon article ? if there's any chance I'd like a copy too and any other literature on these little Clevelands , I just got a 1919 model and there's virtually no information on the internet apart from here , I have found a supplier who had one copy of the Iron Works and am waiting for it to arrive , is there any handbooks available ?? also the 'oil' tank is missing , does anyone have one that they do not need ? or can supply me with dimensions so I can copy , many thanks , Ken Lee
            Ken

Comment

I thought there be more info closer to home but apparrently not.
              I have about 70 pages of Cleveland research that includes the following;

The Emmett Moore Cleveland history that appeared in Motorcycling April 2nd 1953

An article titled "The Story of Lightweights and Fours from Ohio" (I'm not sure who wrote it)

An article from Motor Cycle Illustrated April 27th 1916 "My First Ride on a Cleveland"

The Emmett Moore article headed "Cleveland Fours"

The Ted Hodgdon article

Two original operators manuals. One c1919-20 and one c1922-23

Plus numerous cuttings from period magazines.

If you guys are interested I can photocopy it for you and post it over. I've just sent some stuff to Herb Wagner and the postage on that cost close to $20 NZD so with photocopying etc we are looking at about $30 USD per set. What I would like is for those that want a set to register an interst here and I'll give it a week or so and then run off the required number.
              Lets know what you think.
              Peter Thomson, a.k.a. Tommo
              A.M.C.A. # 2777
              Palmerston North, New Zealand.

Comment

Hello Tommo , thanks for the offer , I'd like to take it up , Ken Lee , England , how do we pay ?? Pay Pal ?? or ?
                Ken

Comment

How about some photo's on here of your Clevelands !!? as soon as mine arrives , I'll put some pictures here too , should be with me in about a week , keep the interest going , Ken
                  Ken

Comment

1919 clevland single

i have a friend that owns a 1919 clevland single and may be ready to sell,he's had it for 35 yrs and just got it rolling, get back to me and I'll find out what he wants thanks

Comment

1915 Cleveland single

Hello guy's,
                      To add to your interest there is a 1915 for sale on,Craigslist,milwaukee.the bike was posted 6/22/09,with photo.
                      posting I.D. 1235036306
                      if anyone wants to see.
                      Ken S., # 6457
                      1926- H-D BAF-Peashooter
                      1954-H-D Panhead

Comment

I believe that this Cleveland is not a 15 ,as it should not have a shift lever. The first year was run and jump on style with a shifter pedal.
                        Ross

Comment

More On Cleveland Single

ARN'T WE ALL THE LUCKY ONES !! I ALSO HAVE RECENTLY ACQUIRED A LOVELY LITTLE CLEAVLAND IF I AM NOT TOO CAREFUL WITH THE RUST REMOVAL I COULD END UP WITH SOME BRONZE GEARS AND ALUMINUM CASES!! I HAVE A COMPLETE FRAME , FENDERS ,REAR BRAKE ASSEMBLY ,HANDLEBARS INCLUDING A HEADLIGHT BUCKET AND MOUNT ,TAIL LIGHT , LUGGAGE RACK, CAST FOOT BOARDS ,SHIFTER AND BRAKE PEDALS , FRONT SUSPENSION , TWO CLINCHER RIMS AND 'A PARTRIDGE IN A PARE TREE' !! ALONG WITH A TRANSMISSION, MAGNETO, CRANKCASE , AND CYLINDER NOW IF I COULD JUST FIND A PISTON , RINGS ,CONNECTING ROD ,AND CRANK PIN I WOULD HAVE A CLEVELAND . ARE YOU GUYS EXPERIENCING SIMILAR PROBLEMS ? I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT YEAR IT IS [i think it could be a johnny cash special -one piece at a time] PERHAPS WE COULD SHARE PICTURES AND PRINTS OF WHAT ONE HAS THAT THE OTHERS DO NOT HAVE AND MAYBE GET THE THREE ORPHANS GOING.DOES ANY ONE KNOW HOW TO TELL WHAT YEAR A PARTICULAR BIKE IS ? I HAVE NOT FOUND A NUMBER ON THE FRAME YET[rust is too thick] ANY INPUT FROM ANY ONE IS APPRECIATED smartin@cogeco.ca

Comment

Anyone Have Just An Engine For A Cleveland Single For Sale?

Comment

Sorry no engine for sale but the serial number on a 15 and 16 will be on a smooth surface above where the magneto hangs upside down. If you have floorboards and not pegs it isn't one of the first couple of years. I restored my 15 in 1980 and basically have forgotten everything I once knew.
                              Ross

Comment

I Found Two Sets Of Numbers On My Unit On The Flat Spot A1624 The 'a' Looks Like It Was Made With A Chisel The Other Number Is On The Side Below The Gear Change Leaver 286g But The 'g' Is Upside Down Does Ross Or Anyone Know What The Numbers Refer To?

Comment

Working...
                                X