*** Cleveland Motorcycle Information Needed ***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• *** Cleveland Motorcycle Information Needed ***

I am doing research on Cleveland Singles. Where is a good place to get a lot of information regarding the history and pictures of Cleveland Singles. I will also be interesting in buying one (preferably a 1919 model).

Thanks!

Tom
    Tom Gray

Tom, it seems to me that not that far back there was a write-up in the club mag on Cleveland lightweights. I picked up a copy of the latest Iron Works magazine the other day and there is a Cleveland featured with some good pics. Here's an e-bay auction with a two-stroke manual.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Vinta...QQcmdZViewItem

You do see them pop-up now and then so I'm sure you'll find one.
    Cory Othen
    Membership#10953

Comment

Cleveland

Thanks Cory! I really appreciate your feedback. I'll check both of them out!
      Tom Gray

Comment

Some images can be gleaned from Google/images. ...bill
        http://images.google.com/images?hl=e...h+Images&gbv=2
        Bill Gilbert in Oregon

Comment

1915 first year

I have a 1915 model serial number 383, I've owned it since 1978. I once visited Ted Hodgen (sp?)one of our club founders who had a nice 1915.No kickstart on this model. There is a nice original example that I took alot of pictures last fall at the Barber museum. There definitely was a story written by Ted H. in one of the club magazines way back. Perhaps you can find the issue thru some help on this thread. They are interesting machines but not everyone is a 2 stroke fan.
          Ross

Comment

Cleveland

Thanks 23JDCA 808 & Ross! Again, I really appreciate everyones input. Does anyone have one for sale? There were two that were auctioned off earlier this year and unfortunately I missed both of them.

Again, I really appreciate all of the responses.

Tom
            Tom Gray

Comment

Cleveland Information

Tom
              The article by Ted Hodgdon was in Vol 1 No5 Spring Issue 1961 It gives a pretty good over view of the different years. I have a reproduced copy of the magazine. If you
              can't find that volume, I could copy my copy for you.

I have a 1919. It has a mixture of different year parts on it, but runs well. I'm not ready to
              part with it yet.....Rod

Comment

Clevelands

Rod,

Thanks for your response! I would greatly appreciate a copy of the magazine article and pictures. I will gladly PayPal you some money for your trouble. Would it be possible for you to scan the magazine cover and article and email it to me at: tgraytn@yahoo.com ?

Thanks again!

Tom
                Tom Gray

Comment

Hey Tom, it just came to me that I recently saw an ad for a '19. A quick scan through the latest issue of The Antique Motorcycle proved it. It's on page 83. If you have the new issue give it a look. If not I'll get you the info. A picture of it is supposed to be on the AMCA homepage. Oh, and here's a '20 running.............

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJWfBfxOfcE
                  Cory Othen
                  Membership#10953

Comment

Cleveland

Cory,

Thanks for the reply. I have already called and spoken to Rick that has the ad in the current issue and he has already sold it. I am about to view the link from youtube now.

Thanks again!
                    Tom Gray

Comment

Originally posted by tgray View Post
                      Cory,

Thanks for the reply. I have already called and spoken to Rick that has the ad in the current issue and he has already sold it. I am about to view the link from youtube now.

Thanks again!
                      I guess that would have been too easy. I surfed around a little bit and found this one. This could be an old add for all I know. There's an e-mail link at the top of the page. It might be worth checking out. I don't know how far you want to go to get one (or how anxious you are), but like I said they do seem to show up now and then. I'll keep my eyes open.

http://members.chello.at/peter.bonito/parts.htm
                      Cory Othen
                      Membership#10953

Comment

Hey Rod. Any chance you could post that copy of Ted's article. I had it at one time and can't seem to locate it.
                        Ross

Comment

Cleveland Info

Tom and Ross
                          It will take me a little time to figure how to post the article..It's 10 pages double sides
                          But I'll be happy to try..............Rod

Comment

Cleveland

Cory,

Thanks for the link and I do appreciate your willingness to continue to look for Cleveland articles for me.

Ross,

Thanks for asking for the article.

Rod,

I look forward to viewing the pages if you can get them uploaded. If you cannot upload them here, feel free to email them to me at: tgraytn@yahoo.com . If you send them as a PDF attachment, they may need to be sent in more than one email due to the file size.

Again, Thanks a lot for your help!
                            Tom Gray

Comment

Cleveland

Cory,

The article in the Iron Works magazine is a great one! I really appreciate you recommending it!
                              Tom Gray

Comment

Working...
                              X