Originally posted by milw.pirates View Post
    Sue,
    Did you get together with Mike Merlin?
    Ken S.
    no, who is he?
    susan

Comment

Originally posted by c.o. View Post
      I'd definitely be interested in a club patch for the leather jacket....... my only question is.....what happened to the cool t-shirts the club has sold in the past? Most of the new stuff is a little "dressy" for me....
      All of the previous tees were sold out. There are very plain tees with a simple AMCA logo over the left breast available. Also a dark tie dye that was at Davenport.
      I have an artist working on a new COOL t-shirt.
      Susan

Comment

Mike Merling= goldenage motorclothes

Originally posted by 1sportscout View Post
        no, who is he?
        susan
        Sue,
        Mike is the guy with the old shirts and riding hats.
        Ken
        Ken S., # 6457
        1926- H-D BAF-Peashooter
        1954-H-D Panhead

Comment

I have an artist working on a new COOL t-shirt.
          Susan
          Good to hear! Thanks for the response Susan..
          Cory Othen
          Membership#10953

Comment

mike

Originally posted by milw.pirates View Post
            Sue,
            Mike is the guy with the old shirts and riding hats.
            Ken
            yes, i got to talk to him, thanks.

susan

Comment

Vintage/antique style gear

Well, I thought this thread died due to lack of interest 2 years ago. I just thought we should have some new old-style patches (see pic, embroidery on white felt, nothing fancy), seeing as we are the ANTIQUE Motorcycle Club! Maybe some other vintage style gear would be in order also, like hat/lapel pins. I have an AMCA 30th anniversery pin thats real cool (too small to get a good pic). As for the sweaters, it seems there are several outfits making nice repros already, maybe the price would be better if we got them from someone already making them. Dehen has made several runs of vintage style sweaters, I have one and they are nice, but this isn't what they normally do, so cost is high. I also agree that a lot of the Club stuff does look bit yuppie-ish. I'm sure some members like polo shirts etc, and that's OK, but most everyone I know that rides wears plain ol' tee shirts or tank tops most of the time. How about plain ol' black with the AMCA logo on the front in the middle? ( a long sleeve tee would be handy too). Just my thoughts for what it's worth.
              Doug McLaughlin #6607
              NorCal, USA

Comment

Vintage sweaters, etc.

I'm working very hard to find vintage-looking items for the Club, as well as have it be USA-made and affordable; a challenge in itself. It takes time to come up with a design, find a suitable product, then have it ready for market. We had only about 4 weeks to get the product together that you see.
                Please be patient and send suggestions/suppliers for more items that you would like to see offered. All suggestions are most welcome!
                Susan
                Susan,
                Here's another outfit you might want to contact, they call themselves "North Los Angeles Motorcycle Club", < http:/nlamc.blogspot.com/> I bought a sweater from them, white with black sleeves, a real beauty. Historicaly accurate, well made with top quality materials, and made in the USA. They also make jerseys, patches and other vintage MC gear.
                Doug.
                Doug McLaughlin #6607
                NorCal, USA

Comment

vintage gear

Originally posted by D.Mac View Post
                  Well, I thought this thread died due to lack of interest 2 years ago. I just thought we should have some new old-style patches (see pic, embroidery on white felt, nothing fancy), seeing as we are the ANTIQUE Motorcycle Club! Maybe some other vintage style gear would be in order also, like hat/lapel pins. I have an AMCA 30th anniversery pin thats real cool (too small to get a good pic). As for the sweaters, it seems there are several outfits making nice repros already, maybe the price would be better if we got them from someone already making them. Dehen has made several runs of vintage style sweaters, I have one and they are nice, but this isn't what they normally do, so cost is high. I also agree that a lot of the Club stuff does look bit yuppie-ish. I'm sure some members like polo shirts etc, and that's OK, but most everyone I know that rides wears plain ol' tee shirts or tank tops most of the time. How about plain ol' black with the AMCA logo on the front in the middle? ( a long sleeve tee would be handy too). Just my thoughts for what it's worth.
                  For as many want black, many members have said, "We want more color!" So we all know the old saying....."you can please some of the people....etc".

When you say black tee w/ logo; are you thinking embroidered or screenprinted logo? We do have a long sleeved gray tee....

I didn't get tank tops going into winter (at least here in the midwest), but plan to....check out the next issue's ad.
                  And I'm working on sweaters. I want to find a reasonably priced sweater VERY badly.....
                  Amazingly, I've sold quite a few of the polo shirts; they are USA MADE, moisure-wicking, etc.....very lightweight and comfy....and we have MANY yuppies in the CLUB disguised as bikers....it's their alter-ego you know.

Pins...do you mean something different than the club pins? I am getting some with the new logo, but are you thinking maybe w/ a stick back?

Keep the suggestions coming...I appreciate all of them!
                  Susan

Comment

Originally posted by exeric View Post
                    When you first open the AMCA web site, you now see an advertisement for AMCA badged clothing. Obviously, they want to make some money selling this stuff and that's okay but it's all "yuppie" gear. I think they could actually sell some of it if it was more vintage style clothing. I don't mean to harsh someone's clothing taste but did they even look around at the general clothing style of the average AMCA club member? I don't think too many of us are dressed for a dance at the country club after a rough day at a swap meet. It's just like the pick-up truck raffle. How many of you bought a ticket for that thing? There's some real out of touch thinking at the administrative level of this club.
                    This probably will not be the last time I stick my foot in my mouth. That club sweater shown on the home page is exactly what the AMCA should offer. Fantastic job Susan ! Now I have to save my pop bottles and aluminum cans so I can buy one.
                    Eric Smith
                    AMCA #886

Comment

club sweater

Originally posted by exeric View Post
                      This probably will not be the last time I stick my foot in my mouth. That club sweater shown on the home page is exactly what the AMCA should offer. Fantastic job Susan ! Now I have to save my pop bottles and aluminum cans so I can buy one.
                      Thank you! I realize it is pricey. If anyone has priced a custom, USA-made sweater you'll know the Club is making hardly any money on this. And this one is only available at that price ONLY if we can get 20 more orders.

Save those pop bottles! Order deadline is October 10.

Susan

Comment

long sleeve club shirt

I vote for a medium-heavy weight, Cotton, 3-4 button Henley type, long sleeves, no pocket, with the large
                        " Wing-ed Motor Wheel " logo on back, { front too, a bit smaller that on the back but also Centered } Printed, not embroidered.

Contrasting sleeves, a variety of colors, horizontal stripes on the sleeve are a nice touch also.

The new club sweater Is beautiful, congratulations on the design !

But it is made of Wool and rather pricey. Not all of us live in the great white North and have the need for wool garments.

A large mass of ink stops air from passing thru the cotton nicely and can get rather warm. Using the ink as Outline only, allowing the shirt color to be seen thru the spokes, fins, and wings breaks up that large mass of ink. This makes for a much more comfortable shirt.
                        William McClean
                        AMCA # 60

Comment

Vintage-Style Sweaters

HEY EVERYONE...October 13 deadline (yes, that's next Tuesday!) for getting your sweater ordered is quickly approaching. I've received orders for 5, but need to have 19 more to be able to get these awesome sweaters ordered in time for Christmas.
                          They would make a fantastic Christmas gift for a special someone, even if that special person is YOU!
                          If you have any questions please give me a call at 317-437-6484. COME ON! Suppport your Club and be the envy of all who see you wearing one!

Susan
                          AMCA Merchandise Manager
                          sbrutus@tds.net
                          Last edited by 1sportscout; 10-07-2009, 06:59 AM. Reason: picture did not upload

Comment

cotton sweater

Originally posted by William McClean View Post
                            I vote for a medium-heavy weight, Cotton, 3-4 button Henley type, long sleeves, no pocket, with the large
                            " Wing-ed Motor Wheel " logo on back, { front too, a bit smaller that on the back but also Centered } Printed, not embroidered.

Contrasting sleeves, a variety of colors, horizontal stripes on the sleeve are a nice touch also.

The new club sweater Is beautiful, congratulations on the design !

But it is made of Wool and rather pricey. Not all of us live in the great white North and have the need for wool garments.

A large mass of ink stops air from passing thru the cotton nicely and can get rather warm. Using the ink as Outline only, allowing the shirt color to be seen thru the spokes, fins, and wings breaks up that large mass of ink. This makes for a much more comfortable shirt.
                            thanks for your suggestion, Mr. McClean!
                            A cotton version is in the works; I appreciate your ideas and comments.
                            Susan
                            Last edited by kval; 10-07-2009, 10:15 AM.

Comment

License Plate Topper

I love the idea of the "Plate Topper". Note to Merchandising Manager....you would sell a lot of these if the cost is acceptable. We will be watching for them.
                              Life's short.....Ride More !!!!!
                              47 Chief,67 FLH,69 XLH, 2009 FLHTP, 66 C-100 Honda

Comment

Plate toppers

A round "medallion" will be coming out shortly....it can be used on just about anything!

susan

Comment

Working...
                                X