Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very Inspiring.

Comment

Paul, very inspiring indeed!!! That machine is absolutely amazing! It would be a hoot to see it race the hot bikes of yesteryear. I'm guessing it'll do a buck twenty when broke in........... I'm sure it'll be a hit at the show!!!!!!!

If you do a google video search or maybe You-tube??? I saw a video on there awhile back on the Crocker from T.O. Just type in Crocker and do a search.

You'll have to post us some pics of your Scout when it's painted............

Comment

Paul is just a small time fabricator working out of his house. Just like any of us. He has knowledge, experience, contacts and talent. He's really open about what he does. No secrets. No BS. That project reflects two years of his life. It's very awesome. I sincerely hope someone buys one.

Getting Petes "#001" running and tuned up, will be something to see, and hear.

I wonder if a more knowledgeable person could simply explain the benefits of an overhead cam v-twin. Anyone?

Has anyone ever heard a Cyclone running?

Crocker video - Markus said in Feb a couple of months for a runner. So not quite yet.

I just want to get the SS IND back on the road. Maybe some video.

Hummm... 120 you say. Must put a steering dampner on.

Comment

Thanks much Paul - super awesome stuff, cant get enough of it!! I really appreciate the photos and up dates, cant wait to see it and hear it. I cant make the show either, way out of my price range. With all the modern materials, I would guess better than 120mph flat out.
          On the first Borrego run I ever went on - I think maybe in 92, Lane Plottner brought and rode his Cyclone ! I could not believe it !! Problems with the valve linkage took it out of the run before most could get a chance to see it going down the road though, darnit. I heard it run in the parking lot and I was in awe for certain when he took off to ride it. But I was heart broke to see it along side the road a few miles later. Long since repaired I am sure, I rode next to him one year for quite a spell as he cruised along on a 1912 Harley, quite happily at about 40 or so, Lanes a rider :-)
          Hope your SS is back up in no time, thanks again and hats off to PAUL !!!!

Comment

What outstanding craftsmen. The photo of those bevel gears all fitted up takes my breath away. Thanks for sharing.

Comment

that stuff that paul is making is heroic.

all the ******* bike builders who call themselves master builders aint ****.

paul, is in my eyes, a MASTER BUILDER. period

and there are maybe a handful of guys like him out there.

maybe...

Comment

Kind words. Hopefully Paul will tune in.

As he will attest - it's just a little reverse engineering project.

I'm looking forward to introducing Paul and Roger Goldhammer to each other. I met Roger a few weeks back and had a good talk with him about his current and past projects.

Comment

roger goldammer

his stuff is so clean its sick, whether or not you like his stuff or not, i spent some time with him at sturgis a couple years ago and that bike with the rear cyl removed and the blower in its place is so damn clean its sick...

all his manifolding was slip fit sealed with orings

sweet stuff
                  hes a damn nice guy as well

Comment

Originally posted by Chopperdave
                    that stuff that paul is making is heroic.

all the ******* bike builders who call themselves master builders aint ****.
                    Do you mean like chopperdaves green and white piece? Quite possibly the uggliest knucklehead EVER. One man's pride and joy may be the next guy's worst nightmare.

Comment

that rules...
                      hey, i built the bike for me, no body else.

okay, let me clarify my attack on so called "master builders"

thanx to the TV, most of the guys out there are considered "master builders" when alot of them, not all, do only a tiny bit of the actual work.
                      i make no claims that i am a master builder at all and i never will, i only meant that whole deal of "master builders"
                      has lost its true meaning as guys like Paul are master builders.

in my humble opinion.

Comment

I wouldn't pay a whole lot of attention to the negative comments there Chopperdave........ our friend martin doesn't have much for positive input. You did a good job on the knuck. It may not be everybody's cup of tea, but the work you put in it should be commended. I think it turned out just fine. I also agree on the master builder thing. It's gotten way too easy to be one. Paul deserves a lot of credit for the effort he put into making that Excelsior..........with any luck, down the road Admin-Guy can direct us to a link so we can all listen to that beauty run..........

Comment

no big deal, to each his own...

That is one of the highlights of going to Davenport this year! Hopefully i will get to see it run!

A bunch of us fly into des moines and ride down to davenport and we will have a bike on the track this year too, some sort of honda in a trackmaster frame that our buddy jeff just bought out of an alley...

yeah i cant wait to hear that thing run, i took a ton of pix of it at davenport last year, but a finished running one is what i want to see...

hopefully jeff decker will have his cyclone there and running as well...

oh yeah and thanx for the compliments on my knuck, i love it!

Comment

I guess it pays to cruise down back alleys...............

There's another soon to be running Cyclone out there??? Awesome!!! I think it would be a rush to ride one of those beasts!!!

Talk about incentive to get to Davenport.........

Comment

last time i was at jeffs the motor was on a stand and they were setting up the mag, then it was in the frame and was mostly complete...

i keep forgetting to ask him if he's going!!!!

aaack!

i cant imagine riding that cyclone...
                              that would be insane
                              ive riden jeffs crocker but the cyclone is a whole nother deal...

ive also riden on the back of jeffs crocker...
                              one of the most insane and memorable rides of my life, in sturgis, it was going to rain and he loaned me his van and he drove me to the house he was stayin in to pick it up, splitting lanes, the wrong side of the street, cutting off cars and cutting off a cop!!!

it ruled...

oh yeah, here...

I know, off subject, sorry!

Comment

please find out the status of Jeffs Cyclone. Jeffs a bad boy. hee-hee...

The Ex VS Cyclone VS 8-valve. Monumental race!

Martin reminds me of an alcoholic on the down side of a binge.
                                I just laugh it off, and am truly thankful -I'm not him.

Roger put a disk brake inside of an over sized hub on his Manx project. Now how many guys have talked or wanted to do that. A whole lot I think.

Comment

Working...
                                X