Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1912 emblem twin ,belt drive

emblem twin

just wondering if anyone else out there is working on an emblem or has one.i think this is a 1912,it doesn't have pushrods,still has the atmospheric intakes.all that i got was the front frame section and the engine,and half the tank,the whole rear half of the bike is new.from what i've read you could get either flat belt or V belt on these bikes,this has the belt tensioner stud on the engine.i am needing an intake manifold for it,and maybe a muffler.the bars are pretty shot too.the engine is actually in real nice shape inside,but from what i can see the compression relief mechanism is located on the outside of the engine.i dont have this or any good pics of it.i hear alot of these were exported.maybe someone out there has something.thanks

Comment

emblem twin

Comment

I dont have nothing for you - but admiration and I sure wish you luck + hope you can bring it back to life. I have always liked the looks of those Emblems, that looks like an awesome machine Tom.

Comment

Emblem factory Angola N.Y.

The Emblem Manufacturing Company started out building bycycles in late 1903 in Lake View NY
          Moved to Angola NY inlate 1904 started making motorcycles in 1907 to 1925 I took a couple of photos of the factory after reading your post on them we were headed to a family birthday party not far from the factory site.
          Attached Files

Comment

Emblem factory

Photo from the other side of the tracks.
            The first Emblem motorcycles model 100 were powered with Thor motors
            The Emblem company also made a tandem atachment for caring two other passangers in later years.
            Attached Files

Comment

1912 Emblem Twin

The 1912 is suppost to be a 7 HP twin that was avaliable with a magneto ignition only and a eclipse clutch.
              I have a photo some where of one I will try to dig out but I think it is a 1914 or 15 as I recall it was original unrestored

Comment

Awesome pics Chuck!!! It's nice to see the building still standing!!!!!

Comment

Yes it is great to see it standing but it has not been used since the early 1990's and is currently for sale.
                  I have heard in the past that some people would like it knocked down because it is a gathering place for kids.
                  I Will try to get some other photos........my digital camera batteries quit yesterday after 3 photos

Comment

Thanks for posting that Chuck. Very interesting to see. Try turning the flash off when you take pics out doors -as it drains the batteries.

Very strange for me to see a chunk of real estate like that unused. As we are geographically bound in my area. Density is the reality.

Comment

Adminguy,

Somebody...(me).......has been meaning to recharge the batteries in his camera no flash was needed.

The village of Angola,New York that the building is located in is still a fairly rural area with some farms.

The info that I have posted on the Emblem motorcycle is from a book on motorcycles made in New York State with Emblem being the longest article in it there are some breakdowns by model years with some changes noted and a few pictures and company advertisements.

Jurassic,

Still looking for the photo have not forgotten you!

Comment

1912 Emblem post card on e-bay

Still have not found my photo of the emblen mc but did see this on e-bay

E-BAY # 150097075905

Comment

Great to see another Emblem. I think mine is about a 1917-19 although its hard to work out as their isn't much info. about these machines I have attached a photo if all goes well

Comment

Came across this the other day
                            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by markmckibbin View Post
                              Great to see another Emblem. I think mine is about a 1917-19 although its hard to work out as their isn't much info. about these machines I have attached a photo if all goes well

I'm very interested in getting hold of this gentleman and photos of his Emblem.
                              This is my first post since joining so not sure how to go about it
                              thanks
                              graeme

Comment

Working...
                              X