Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sweet ride!!!!!!

Comment

I got the '17 to Eustis, however I had a few problems. It puked the balls out of the rear hub so it wasn't ridable. I took it apart yesterday and will replace the assembled bearings with modern sealed bearings that will make it safe and roll better.

It did well in judging and got it's senior. It was very critically judged by two men I have a great deal of respect for, and happen to be friends of mine. I think they were a bit conflicted because they found obvious screw-ups on my part but to their credit they gigged me on those items and points were deducted. The problems with judging often times lies with the owner and his attitude to what should be considered constructive criticism. I know for a fact that the judges in my case would have loved to pass it through and check only the items that were corrected from it's first judging, but what's the point of that. The bottom line is, to get the bike right and this system does that for the benefit of the owner. I'd like to thank them for their honesty and integrity and if I bring it back next year, I'll let them ride it all over the place. I also think Kevin Valentine deserves a lot of credit and praise for refining the judging system into the best this club ever had. That's a tough job and one that he doesn't get thanked enough for.

As for this year at Eustis, it was kind of grim. Lot's of rain, except on Sunday which was perfect. I enjoyed it because it was much more social and that's what I'm trying to get back in touch with. We crammed into Mark's trailer which was well stocked with ice cold beer and basically got sh*t faced. People would stop by and have a beer, tell stories and generally make the best of lousey day. For me, Eustis was a great meet and one that I will remember well. It's not always about the parts because it's the people that make this club great.

Comment

eric,
        I want to apologize for drueling on your bike last saturday in Eustis. I tried to step back in time but hopefully you thought it was just rainwater. Fabulous bike!!!
        johnny

Comment

Nice Hen, great report, I respect your honesty, very cool to give Kevin a pat on the back.
          Thanks Eric. Your my kind of people.

Comment

Actually Friday was a great day also, it was supposed to rain but didn't. Was especially good when the nut came by and bought ALL my junk from my vending space (I told him to take the table too so I wouldn't have to haul anything home). Even Saturday was good up till about noon when the monsoon started. I thought a lot more of the venders stuck around than normal when it rains. I even had a good time Saturday fixing my flat tire on the '20, after I Slimed myself I got a good bit of it IN the tire and it held air.

Comment

Actually Friday was a great day also, it was supposed to rain but didn't. Was especially good when the nut came by and bought ALL my junk from my vending space (I told him to take the table too so I wouldn't have to haul anything home). Even Saturday was good up till about noon when the monsoon started. I thought a lot more of the venders stuck around than normal when it rains. I even had a good time Saturday fixing my flat tire on the '20, after I Slimed myself I got a good bit of it IN the tire and it held air.

Comment

I loved you sport twin Louie. That bike is a real gem. We all dream of finding them in that condition, and I really admire that you enjoy the bike like it was meant to be.

Comment

Working...
                X