Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any Italian Bike owners alive out there?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

italian american restoring italian americans

this bike will be at all the AMCA shows we are attending this year

1972 h-d baja before.....

1972 h-d baja after......

this bike is going to a customer in illinois........we bought this from a fellow vendor @ rhinebeck 2007

1973 h-d X-90 before.....

1973 h-d X-90 after.....

this bike we are doing for a customer in iowa who will be picking it up on his way to laconia '08 vacation in june, the same time as rhinebeck.

1975 h-d SX250 before.......

1975 SX250 in progress......

the sheetmetal will be finished the end of this coming week and we are starting the engine rebuild this week

stay tuned to our web site for more

Comment

My 1984 Moto Guzzi V65Sp is as close to the perfect motorcycle as anything I have ever owned -- or ridden. It is a light, maneuverable, economical, fast, reliable bike. I have ridden the daylights out of it for the past 21+ years, and the engine has never been opened. I check the valves every winter, change oil & filter regularly, and put a squirt of grease in the speedometer sending unit -- but that is about all the maintenance it requires. It cruises nicely all day long at 6,000 rpm which, by my reckoning, equates to 98 mph. Incidentally, it also seems to have a small radar signature. With a tank bag, soft saddlebags, and a duffle bungeed to the luggage rack, the Guzzi holds enough gear to keep me on the road for weeks. I have taken it from my home in Illinois to Sturgis, Duluth, Little Rock, the Shenadoah Valley in Virginia, and the Rockies. In 1990, I crossed the Continental Divide off pavement with it on Haggerman Pass. This year, the bike carried me over the Divide in Rocky Mountain National Park with slush covering the pavement, a strong wind (~25 knots), and wet snow so heavy that I had to ride with one hand on the throttle and the over scooping snow off my visor.

This is as close to a magic carpet as I have ever experienced.

1/1/20 update: Returning from a New Year's run, the V65Sp started running on one cylinder, vibrating, and making a horrible sound. Somehow, the exhaust valve head separated from the stem. Then, the piston started demolishing the right cylinder and everything in it. The bike now needs a replacement cylinder, head, piston, rings, valves, etc. for the right side. Please help me find the necessary parts to get this little jewel running again. 2008 Hope school Easter Basket run.jpg
      Last edited by Coolbreeze; 02-02-2021, 04:53 PM.
      George Tinkham
      Springfield, IL
      www.virmc.com
      AMCA # 1494
      1941 Indian 841
      1948 Indian Chief
      1956 H-D KHK
      1960 CH
      1964 BMW R69S
      1966 Honda Touring Benly (aka "150 Dream")
      1984 Moto Guzzi V65Sp

Comment

I share George's affection for Guzzis. Here is my 73 V7 Sport. It's now old enough to have judged so I might just do that next year.

Dave Swanson
        1956 FLH
        1969 FLH
        1964 XLCH
        1956 KHK
        1936 VD

AMCA 11659

Comment

Here's a shot of my little 1966 Ducati 250 Monza that I cafe'd out to race in the Moto Giro a couple of times a year here in New England.

Sorry about the mud but the weather wasn't too good that year and we race over a lot of unpaved, hard packed, dirt roads. OK in the dry, "interesting" in the rain.
          Buzz Kanter
          Classic-Harley.Info Classic Harley History
          [Classic American Iron Forum Classic Harley Forum
          [American Iron Magazine Harley Magazine

Comment

I have a 1973 Mighty X-90 H-D.
            Be sure to visit;
            http://www.vintageamericanmotorcycles.com/main.php
            Be sure to register at the site so you can see large images.
            Also be sure to visit http://www.caimag.com/forum/

Comment

Italian bikes

I have a couple odd little Italian bikes. One is a 61(?) Capriolo 125cc. The other is an MDS 70cc. Both appear to be 4 stroke singles, both very original and complete. Im not sure what year the MDS is, but they only made them from 1955 to 1960 and I believe they were sold through Cosmopolitan motors. Any info on either of these bikes would be appreciated.

I also HAD a 250cc Parilla Tourist with a very rare factory race motor included. Both were sold through the motorcycle trader magazines before ebay came along, while buying and selling several bikes, but I did hang on to a 74 Laverda SF2 basket case and hope to assemble it someday.

I regularly ride a 1980 Moto Guzzi Lemans and just completed a 72 Ambassador with a Jupiter sidecar, which is a blast to ride in the snow. Im just finishing up a 73 Eldorado I just picked up in Kansas City.
              Scott Larson
              AMCA #13589
              Omaha Chapter

1953 HD FLE
              1971 HD FLH
              1971 Triumph Bonneville 650
              1973 Norton Commando 750

Comment

We have a few Harley X-90s. They are all titled, licensed, and insured. We ride them around town a lot during the summer. There are also nice to use at bike week because they are easy to park.

1973 X-90

1973 X-90

1974 X-90 Bobber

Comment

1973 harley 350 ss sprint

got this little bike off craigs list/yakima, after looking at it,i was amazed to see there was only 137 miles on it.someone bought it and must have foregot they had it.i have a barn full of old harleys and this little fella has his spot sitting between my 72 e-glide and my 74 fl,i know call them the three amigos
                  Attached Files
                  hawg farmer

Comment

Ah.... Italian bikes. First, you guys with your great stories of Moto Meatballs ((Guzzies) I am on the fence as to become or not to become a meat ball owner. New or old the look the sound the style the reliability all is well until you get to that spinning thing that screws the bike into the wind. Like a boat or airplane they are affected by motor torque. I had one of those German bikes that screwed into the wind and it nearly killed me twice at high speed throttle drops, sold it. Tomo like you Ducatis are my cup of tea 1947 to 2002 range of bikes in my barn and more if I could afford them. A 1963 250 Sprint is a good all around hill climber road racer, one day I proved it and had a blast in the process. My 1963 Ducati Bronco 98cc four stroke pull rod motor has been clocked at over 60 MPH and handles like a snake in the grass. Dependability, durability, handling speed, stoppers, looks, style, performance, all with that lovely lump of a 90 degree twin Desmo motor what else could one ask for? I once owned a Gilera Saturno 500cc and never did the basic maintainance to get it road worthy, sold it and have always wonder if ???
                    Joe

Comment

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I share George's affection for Guzzis. Here is my 73 V7 Sport. It's now old enough to have judged so I might just do that next year.

The bike of Dave Swanson (73 V7 Sport) could easily turn the tide for me. Dave do you have a trade or sell interest?
                      Joe
                      Last edited by Slojo; 03-14-2010, 03:13 PM.

Comment

1968 benelli-mojave

Originally posted by Barry Brown View Post
                        Just picked up a nice all original 5000 mile 1972 Ducati 350 Mark3. Was astonished to see 2 names on the ownership of guys who went to my high school in the 60's, the first owner being Jordan Anka, a cousin of Paul's ( you know ,the old Canuk crooner from Ottawa) , I got his number and called him up and he was equally astonished. ( Jordan , not Paul!) Also have a Benelli 360 "Mojave" ( sold by Wards Montgomery) , a pushrod ohv 4 stroke single with cool Rickman like styling all done in steel. And finally have just been offered SEVERAL new in the crate bevel Dukes, SFC, and Bimotas!!! Doubt if I can afford any!
                        Woops, one more, just rediscovered the only Laverda 750 SFC sold new in Ottawa.
                        Over the years I have seen many nice "bacon slicer" Guzzis across the USA.
                        Barry,
                        I just picked up a 1968,benelli mojave 360,do you have a source for parts and info on these models,from what I found not to many made it to the states.
                        regards
                        Ken
                        Ken S., # 6457
                        1926- H-D BAF-Peashooter
                        1954-H-D Panhead

Comment

Slojo

This is me and my older brother with his brand new Ducati "Bronco" in 1962. As I recall , this was 125 CCs
                          Attached Files

Comment

Rousseau
                            The 98cc Bronco I have certainily is a smaller bike than the 125 shown in the picture.
                            I bloomed late in life as it pertains to Italian bikes. Old Harley's kept my attention for the first 18 year of M/C ownership and since Ducatis have won over my heart. I also have a fondness for small displacement Hondas. The memory of that cute little parallel twin's exhaust pipes thrumming, the first real motorcycle I ever rode on was an early Honda 150 cc Benley back in grade school. While everybody else was riding around on mini bikes the Honda had Head lights for night cruising, electric start, four speed transmission a real clutch front and rear brakes and everything worked, what a dream ,,,,,,,,,, oops did I say that?
                            Joe
                            Last edited by Slojo; 03-22-2010, 09:55 PM.

Comment

I have 5 moto guzzi's best kept secret in motorcycles 1947 airone, 1952 astore, 2 1973 eldorado's,and a 1980 convert

Comment

Just keeping this inquiry alive.
                                My 1953 Falcone Sport

IMG_20170116_140955.jpg
                                AMCA #6151

Comment

Working...
                                X