Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• book about old American motorcycles

Goog morning or evening from Italy.
    I collect memorabilia about all the motorcycles from 1894 to 1945.I collect photos in particular,sometime i've problem to know the name of the motorcycles.Exist one book in Usa where i can find clean photos for distinguish the bikes that i've in my photos?I interest books with photos till 1914.Only American bikes.In ebay i'm Frera.
    Also i can help for all the European motorcycles from 1894 to 1945(i think).
    Sorry for my English
    ciao
    Aldo

Lots of pictures

http://home.planet.nl/~motors-20th-century/motors.html

Comment

"The Complete Illustrated Encyclopedia Of American Motorcycles" by "Tom Rafferty" is another good resource. Paps

Comment

Originally posted by JohnR
        Lots of pictures

http://home.planet.nl/~motors-20th-century/motors.html
        ciao,
        thank you for the information.I need old American trademarks.
        Happy Holiday
        ciao
        Aldo

Comment

Originally posted by Paps
          "The Complete Illustrated Encyclopedia Of American Motorcycles" by "Tom Rafferty" is another good resource. Paps
          thank you for the information.I'll write for the cost in Italy.
          Happy Holiday and good Year
          ciao
          Aldo

Comment

Must haves are Stephen Wrights' American Racer Vol 1 (about to be re released. It is SUPERB.
            Also Stephens new (ish) book, History of American Motorcycles (probably got that wrong, but go to Amazon, enter Stephen Wright, and you will find his books).
            These are both coffee table types, but are the best books of their type I have ever seen.
            Harry Sucher and Jerry Hatfield are also some other authors you should search under.

Hope this helps.

Merry Christmas to you Aldo from Australia.
            Ciao

Ken.

Comment

Originally posted by Baytown
              Must haves are Stephen Wrights' American Racer Vol 1 (about to be re released. It is SUPERB.
              Also Stephens new (ish) book, History of American Motorcycles (probably got that wrong, but go to Amazon, enter Stephen Wright, and you will find his books).
              These are both coffee table types, but are the best books of their type I have ever seen.
              Harry Sucher and Jerry Hatfield are also some other authors you should search under.

Hope this helps.

Merry Christmas to you Aldo from Australia.
              Ciao

Ken.
              ciao Ken,
              thank you for the help.
              I'll look in Amazon,it is not wasy find books for old motorcycles,the next years 'll go my new book about motorcycles from 1894 to 1906 with up 200 photos and has been one very hard work for find all the name
              Happy Christmas and Good year to you and family
              ciao
              Aldo

Comment

Working...
              X