Needed - Tillotson Nozzle Check Valve

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Needed - Tillotson Nozzle Check Valve

H-D part number 27658-66 or Tillotson number 013789, main nozzle check valve and ball assembly. So far I've scoured the interwebs and no luck. Trying to get my 1970 FLH with HD1D carb up and running. Performed the leak check for the nozzle and it does not hold pressure. Motor barely idles unless almost full choke and raw fuel leaks out carb throat.

If anyone has one of these lying around, I am prepared to reward you handsomely for said part!

I am not a Tillotson expert, but I thought all BT's used #2's not #1's. I don't know what the differences are, (maybe just jet size), but in the 4th volume of Shop Dope, bulletin 547 states the different carb #'s as I said with all #2 models being for BT. Also do you have the vent line run correctly. Anyway, if you are needing that valve, I have a carb I can drill out the (part #) 711 welch plug and see if the valve is good. Let me know.
    Bob Rice #6738

Comment

Just to follow up, the welch plug is removed and I soaking the valve with Kroil to help with removal from the body. The ball is free in the valve. If anyone has a good method of removing the valve without destroying it, I'm all ears.
      Thanks.
      Bob Rice #6738

Comment

Thanks Bob. I have read any number of conflicting reports about which model carbs were used for specific years. The "D" models I believe showed up in 1969 and were supposed to be an improvement over the A,B,C models. Mine has an HD1D and I'm fine with that.

As far as removing the nozzle, this is from the service manual: “Use a stepped punch (part number 96962-68) on nozzle tapping it through the venturi using a plastic hammer”. I don't suspect you have this specialized tool, but if you are able to encourage it free from the carb body let me know and if it still seems usable and I'd be happy to send some ca$h. There's a good chance it might get ruined during removal.

Thank you sir!

-Marc

Comment

Sending you a PM.
          Bob Rice #6738

Comment

DSC06594mp.JPGDSC06593mp.JPG
            Nozzle removed.
            Bob Rice #6738

Comment

Working...
            X