Eclipse clutch - Do I oil the disks?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eclipse clutch - Do I oil the disks?

When assembling an Eclipse engine shaft clutch (1914), should the clutch disks be oiled? If so, with what sort of oil?

Peter

Peter, I don't know if I can be much help with your question but it seems to me your clutch might have an oil bath system?
    Cory Othen
    Membership#10953

Comment

Thanks, Cory, but I'm talking about the clutch used on Excelsiors, Hendersons, and other makes during the early teens. It's multi-disk, external, and just fits on to the end of the engine shaft. No oil bath.

Peter

Originally posted by c.o. View Post
      Peter, I don't know if I can be much help with your question but it seems to me your clutch might have an oil bath system?

Comment

Alright Peter, I guess I had the ol' eyeballs out of focus when I was digging through some clutch references. From what I can glean from the books it appears as though the discs should be oiled. I see mention of mid to light grade engine oil but nothing specific. There are a few folks that visit here that ought to know a precise answer to your question. With any luck they show up in the not to distant future.
        Cory Othen
        Membership#10953

Comment

Working...
        X