DC Linkert Idle Tube

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by silver65 View Post
    CT is a current transformer and is like that circular demagnetizer you have when you put voltage through it creates a magnetic field and push or pull a metal plunger through the center like in the old pinball machine flippers, or a 24v door bells. CT,s are also used in in large electrical services for metering electricity they run service wires through the CT's and measure electrons that flow on the outside of the wire for billing. I know you have heard about CT scans doctor slides your hole body in that big doughnut at the hospital for a full body imaging.
    You brought up bad memories of MRI, Silver65,..

But I fondly remember The Solenoid Robots!

If there is any possible way to bring this back to topic: Bill needs to know the exact specs before he does anything, particularly the bleed hole parameters.

I face a similar obstacle, as the DLX113 main nozzles that I have logged do not agree.
    (The DCs that were left for me to study finally went home some time ago. They might be back if I ask, but not soon...)

....Cotten
    AMCA #776
    Dumpster Diver's Motto: Seek,... and Ye Shall Find!

Comment

I would have to disassemble my carb and does not require a cleaning at this time but if you were to contact Mike by phone or email he could help you out have talked with hem a few times and was very helpful.

phone; 3073677945
      call; 3073606005
      email: parts@linkertcarbs.com

Comment

Found this on htt://manualzz.com don't know if this .0293 is the hole in the idle tube.
        You do not have permission to view this gallery.
        This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Found this on htt://manualzz.com don't know if this .0293 is the hole in the idle tube.
          Now we are getting somewhere, thanks Silver65!

That's a pertinent addition to my late-model files library; I had forgotten that the DC2 had a twelve degree disc..

(Any pre-Sportster K carb literature holds secrets new to me as well, I'm certain. But in spite of my pleas, nobody who has them offers them.)

Your search effort is appreciated!

...,Cotten
          AMCA #776

Comment

Did you go to manualzz.com click on motorcycles then search box linkert DC because there is a lot more info than what I posted on this site including the linkert M series carbs and a lot of cycles!!

Comment

Did you go to manualzz.com click on motorcycles then search box linkert DC because there is a lot more info than what I posted on this site including the linkert M series carbs and a lot of cycles!!
              So I type "Harley-Davidson K" into the manualzz.com search function, Silver65,..

And get battery-operated kiddie trikes, lotsa Lego kits, Hot Wheels, etc.

That's actually why I thanked you for your effort.

....Cotten
              PS: I don't know how the M53 series Linkerts ever ran in the first place, but it it clear that the wonderful DCs wouldn't have have evolved if they did.
              Last edited by T. Cotten; 12-12-2020, 09:43 PM.
              AMCA #776

Comment

Don't use that search box scroll down And under vehicles & accessories click motorcycles on next page at the top put linkert DC in " type product" box search. no toy three wheelers. The manualzz.com is a location of information for Linkert DC carburetors.
                Last edited by silver65; 12-20-2020, 06:11 PM.

Comment

Working...
                X